1.    #1  
    Have had my treo for several months now and have noticed that the keys are beginning to get noisy... producing a "clicking" type sound, alost as if there was a stiff piece of cellophane under the keys, it is louder on some keys than others...

anyone else experience this ? Anything to be owrried about ?

mine has always done that. The cellophane sound is more noticable on some keys
    Look at that thread which shows pictures of the inside of the treo. There is some type of cellophane in there. I assumed it's there to cushion the phone if one drops it. If it serves that purpose, then audible clicking is a small price to pay.
    David
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hey, thanks for bringing up this point. Mine always clicked, but I never heard anyone say something. So, I thought it might have been me only, or that I was starting to hear things. But I do not think that a particular key clicks all the time. For instance, I could hit a key, hear it click, then hit it again and it will not click. I also always thought it was the type of plastic of the actual keys themselves, that were clicking.

However, if there is some cellophane-like stuff in there to help protect it, does that mean that we are pressing too hard on the keys if we are getting this clicking noise sometimes?

Thanks,

Glenn
    The only keys that do it on mine are M and N. My first unit did not do this, but the second one does.

When I had it apart I was looking for a culprit: Pressing on the white membrane that is under the keyboard did produce a slight clicking sound, but definately not as loud as when in conjunction with the keyboard installed. As the membrane is attached to the main unit in some odd fashion, I did not take it off to see what was under there.
    Gang:

I started to get the same non-electronic clicking on my T600 when I sometimes use my I/O/K/L/M keys. I did a search and found the thread above. I can live with the clicking, but wanted to see if this led anyone else to something bigger, e.g., keyboard failure and/or replacement?

Thanks in advance!
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"