1.    #1  
    Interesting article on Yahoo News this morning about Handspring possibly working with RIM to make Blackberry aps Treo-compatible:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._handspring_dc
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Sounds like noise to me. There are many more, and better, applications available for the Palm than for the Blackberry. The problems with the Treo relate to Sprint's network as much as anything else, and nothing from RIM is going to change that.
    I think they are talking about the enterprise side of the Blackberry software setup. Presumably this is so you can use Treos on the Blackberry Exchange setup.
    That would make sense....
    I can see why HS wants to do this.
    One of the big knocks is that it doesn't have the capabilities of RIM BlackBerrys. What if I had BlackBerry software on my Treo, then maybe I can send and recieve mail over the BlackBerry network. This would eliminate issues that we see over which mail client to use, how to configure it, etc. There are certain advantages to this kind of parntership. I recently put a Blackberry server in a client's location. The CEO would like to go with a TREO but doesn't want to waste the investment in the BlackBerry Server. Imagine that you can use the blackberry server and have mail sent directly to your treo in a push.

While I doubt it will fly because of past history with HS and RIM, pie in the sky thinking never hurt anyone

Originally posted by mblank
    Sounds like noise to me. There are many more, and better, applications available for the Palm than for the Blackberry. The problems with the Treo relate to Sprint's network as much as anything else, and nothing from RIM is going to change that.