1.    #1  
    Where can I find and use ringtones for the 300? Thank you in advance...
    there are several packages of ringtones available. see several threads on this board for more info.

at my home page you can download the trial version of my ringtones with 8 samples, and buy the full version. you can also download a file with a number of neat tones done by NJChris from this forum.

mine, and chris' also, have been heavily optimized for the treo300. we have been working with the design team from TCRinger. they are louder and much more interesting if you are looking for songs.

mine are also available at palmcentral.com and handango.com for the same price.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    aarons12 has some listed on palmcentral.com. He has about 50. They are all pretty cool .

I can also send (email) you some that I have made, and if you want anything special let me know and I'll try to make them for you.

Of course it will take a few days to do it sometimes. It just depends if I am busy, and if I am able to find the specific tune.

There is also more threads about this subject. Just search for ringtones.
    must've posted at the same time
    i think i was editing mine... thanks for the kind words.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I just got my Treo 300 this evening and am charging it. I made the move from a Visorphone /w Visor Deluxe to the 300.

What I'm wondering is why is there a compatibility issue with software for the 300.

It seems that I'm finding that things like ringtones for the 270 won't work for the 300. Other Treo specific software is like this too. What the deal?

Thanks!
    most palm software should work for both. ringtones are something else however since the treo300 has polyphonic midi ring capability (the 270 does not) and uses a different memory scheme for ringtone storage.

that means 2 things. one is you can use much more elaborate ringtones, and the second is that you need a ringtone manager that is treo 300 specific. right now ringo (i believe) is the only one, but TCRinger should be out very shortly.
    Hi Aaron,

I downloaded your sample ring tones. After hotsyncing, I'm still unable to find the ring tones. Is there another application I must use to install them?
    Thanks Aaron for the info. It makes sense to me now.
    Originally posted by MilesAhead
    Hi Aaron,

I downloaded your sample ring tones. After hotsyncing, I'm still unable to find the ring tones. Is there another application I must use to install them?
    you need ringo (they have a trial version) or another treo300 compatible ringtone manager to use any additional ringtones. you can also use palm midi desktop, a free program, to move tones into your midi_ring_tones.pdb file on your computer and then sync that onto your treo300.