I've recently changed companies and am trying to use Sprint's Business Connection with our IMAP server. The business connection desktop software connected fine to our old Exchange server but is not working correctly with IMAP.

I have confirmed that the login settings are correct with the desktop software. It loads, connects to the server and the icon turns green. So far so good. However, when I attempt to sync from my Treo 300, the Treo will connect and begin an update. After a couple of minutes it appears to timeout, returning a message that it has disconnected from the server. During this process the desktop connector shows that it is connected and sending data. Sprint's BC web site also connect to the desktop but cannot seem to pull down messages.

Has anyone gotten the Business Connection desktop software to work correctly with an IMAP server? I've also noticed that Sprint's BC web site will directly connect to an IMAP server, so is it even necessary to use the desktop software (and keep the functionality of the Palm Business Connection software)?

Thanks, Jim