1.    #1  
    Ever start typing and then you realize you mispelled a letter in a word and wonder how the heck do you get the cursor back to that letter so you can delete it? I'm wondering just that...is there a way to do so? As you can see, I'm aiming to maximize efficiency on my treo...

(I've only had it for a week and i sooooo love it! I have the latest version of Verichat and i'm fascinated by all the features...whoohoooo! Best $500 I ever spent.)
    Hold down the blue action button while hitting the up key to move the cursor backwards. Hold the Blue action button down while hitting the down button moves the cursor forward.
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    Hold down the blue action button while hitting the up key to move the cursor backwards. Hold the Blue action button down while hitting the down button moves the cursor forward.
    Awesome! Thanks, Druce. I'd really been wondering about that too. I knew there must be an alternative to always having to place the cursor with the stylus...
    Thx also a lot from Germany. I often use my Treo for upIRC-Ca
    hat with GPRS and that was for me always stupid to leave a wellknown mistake in my message, because I wouldn't take out my stylus so often.
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Even better...you can use EasyLaunch to jump to the beginning or end of a line.
    Originally posted by mathguru
    Even better...you can use EasyLaunch to jump to the beginning or end of a line.
    Interesting. Wouldn't have known to look to EasyLaunch for cursor movement.

And I just found out about Treo Keyboard Utils, a Hack which allows you to assign keys of your choice to be pressed in combination with the Shortcut key in order to get cursor movement up, down, left, and right, and to tab to the previous or next input field. I'm going to appreciate this latter capability especially in HanDBase.

It also allows you to generate a particular accent type of your choice (I chose "accent aigu" since it comes up the most often in English, in French loan words) by pressing a vowel key in combination with the Shortcut key.
    Even though I've only had the treo 300 a month, I think I know 90% of the tips and tricks as I'm a daily reader of smartphone discussion groups. Which leaves me to wonder - what next? I hope to see more native treo thumbpad support in the future from apps such as handbase so's to make pulling out the stylus a rarity. A mobile backup/restore device would be nice whereby one could plug it into the bottom of the phone, backup everything, and in the event of a hard reset, one could simply plug it in and restore everything. I hope a xp wireless modem usb driver is developed sometime this year as the cost to convert serial to usb doesn't seem attractive ($29 for the handspring serial sync cable, $59 for a serial to usb adapter, then more $ for the wmodem software).
    David