Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dont waste your time, you will get charged the full amount on your CC when you do this ****
  2.    #3  
    just for fun I went thru the whole process and no where did it say I had to sign up for a contract or they would charge me extra ? just $7 for shipping
    Originally posted by quake8
    dont waste your time, you will get charged the full amount on your CC when you do this ****
    Not true! Here is Amazon's stated policy regarding pricing errors:

"If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation."

Can't lose by trying.
    Originally posted by Maniac8888

Not true! Here is Amazon's stated policy regarding pricing errors:

"If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation."

Can't lose by trying.
    Just for a little perspective. Amazon had a price mistake a week or so ago on a 20 pack of soundblaster live cards. The regular price was around $750, but they had them listed for $31.99. So what did Amazon do? They shipped everyone that ordered 1 card, not 20. Now lots of people are returning for a refund.

BTW, I ordered one of these (and the 20 pack of sound blaster cards)!
    Thanks,

Mark
    I would hope they wouldn't honor price mistakes. Normal merchants aren't obligated to (read the fine print in the sunday ads). Clearly these are mistakes.
    I wonder if anyone remembers the California BestBuy/MS Rebate debacle.
    They didn't intend for the end result to happen the way that it did and corrected it after the damage was done.
    I would hope that they would catch their mistake and correct it but if someone has been shopping around, should they be penalized because someone chose not to proofread a copy or verify that their web site is accurate?
    On the other hand, if someone abuses it (as a previous poster noted, Amazon made a mistake and while not honoring the deal completley, they bit the bullet and sold ONE card at a greatly discounted rate) then all will be made to suffer.
    I own a small consulting company and would like to have a Treo. It's not in the budget. So we'll see if Amazon will honor their price or make a "reasonable" offer. Because while most places say they will not honor typo errors in the ad, when you put a piece of paper in front of someone, rarely do they argue the fact.

Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I would hope they wouldn't honor price mistakes. Normal merchants aren't obligated to (read the fine print in the sunday ads). Clearly these are mistakes.
    Note that Amazon does not list the Treo for $0.00. They list it for $499.00 with a $200 rebate. I don't know why Amazon would feel the least bit compelled to give away high-priced electronics to shoppers who put the item in their cart by clicking a link on a third party's page. Amazon does not advertise that the Treo is free.

I can put a page on my site lising the Golden Gate bridge for $5.00, then link to some actual vendor's site. Do you think that vendor will then send you the bridge? If so, email me. I have three of them in my basement. ;-)
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    hey, decided why not, give it a try. so i did and the billing only charged for shipping. if its a mistake, its their problem right? anyone else trying this? worst comes to worst, i can return it.
    There is a known "issue" with Amazon.com and cookies. There are ways to tweak the cookie that Amazon.com reads to alter prices on the website.

There was a similar hack for a Samsung S105 phone a while back. No one got anything from that but a cancelation email.

Good luck, but don't hold you breath.
  10.    #11  
    well i got email from amazon listing the price as 0 and that they would ship with in one to two weeks ? we shall see

not from the external website but from Amazon
    Edwardo, MarkF57, OldTymeVisorMan, JimeeBoy51 - all common theives...

It's sad to see so many people trying to steal from someone else. Not even exhibiting the least amount of shame...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    eyeball, so if you go to the store and see something that is priced way, way below what it should be, you won't buy it because you feel you would be stealing from the store? Remember, its the stores fault for screwing up the price. To call these people thieves is inappropriate. They are not thieves and they are not stealing. Opportunists, perhaps....
    Throw me in that boat, too.
    Honestly, gimme a break.
    eyeball...i am paying for the shipping and handling at least. and glenng is right. why not take advantage of a good opportunity. im not sad at all. =)
    Here in France a merchant that makes a mistake on a price is obliged to sell the goods at that price.

There was a case recently when a supermarket started selling complete PC's (monitor and printer) and they made a mistake on the price something like 12$ instead of 1200$.

Well about 100 people purchased the PC's at that price before they noticed the mistake. Until all the boxes were re priced the selling price stayed at 12$ - legally!

THis does ensure that merchants are careful on how they word promotions and that consumers are protected.
    why dont you just goto best buy and bring your own price tag???

acually just walk out the front door with it
    Isn't there something in Amazon's policy about not being liable for pricing errors if the sale originated through a third party?
    question:

How many of you have ordered?
    Originally posted by OldTymeVisorMan
    I would hope that they would catch their mistake and correct it but if someone has been shopping around, should they be penalized because someone chose not to proofread a copy or verify that their web site is accurate?
    By that logic you have no moral obligation to return lost wallets or lost children for that matter (their parents shouldn't have made the mistake). The whole capitalist system is built on voluntary transactions, which this clearly is not.
    I do not understand what the problem is,

the guy sends you a link to a site where it puts a cookie in with a bull**** price and your talking about amazon's problem???

you added it to your bull**** cart from that guys site NOT amazon

they will charge u full price when they see someone hacked the cookie or what ever that site did to the cart price

close this thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast