1. jym
    I download the beta BaseJet software. It looks really good. The only problem I am having is getting the SMS working.

The piece of software that monitors my Outlook inbox does not send an SMS message. I have everything configured and I am pretty sure it is correct.

I know the transporter, the PC piece, is working because it sends new mail properly. It just is not sending an SMS message to my Treo.

I also put this question on the BasetJet forum but it looks like it gets little activity so thought here might be better.

Thanks,

-Jym-
    Though it has little activity, it is actively monitored by the support guys. Give it a shot. Search through it first, though, as you might have your own question answered.
    Basejet doesn't yet support SMS message notifications on the Treo300. This was posted on their board some time ago. However, if you enable periodic polling, notifications of new mail will be received.

They are also due for a software update any time now and substantial enhancements/emprovements are expected.
    I have the same problem on my 270 but they say they're looking into it and should have another release this month.
    Does the SMS notification work with a Standalone setup on the Treo 270?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    No, something needs to send the SMS, which would be the desktop client.
    Well, since Basejet is a proxy implementation and maintains the polling schedule, an SMS could (and would) be sent from the proxy to the device (in their "standalone" mode). That is my understanding of their implementation (if it worked).
    Oh, my interpretation was that their proxy does not periodically poll, that it was the responsibility of the desktop client to do that.
  9. jym
    I have the Treo 270 not the 300.

I got SMS to work by sending an SMS message to my treo manually with the proper text in the SMS message.

It seems like it would be very simple to fix the launcher so it would send the SMS. I am tempted to hack something together.

I picked BaseJet because of the SMS message, pick up email funcitonality. It is very disapointing that it has broken. I know the issue is not the Treo but rather the launcher or PC piece.

-Jym-
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Oh, my interpretation was that their proxy does not periodically poll, that it was the responsibility of the desktop client to do that.
    You may be right in a destop environment. I have not used that. I am running in a standalone environment so the proxy must do the actual polling of the mail server.