1.    #1  
    Does anybody know how to add additional Speed Dial pages? I know we already get 5 pages, but I'd like to put more on because I always use the Speed Dial pages more than my normal Contacts view.

Is there an app available out there that gives me this capability?
    It would seem simpler to just start to enter the first couple of characters of the persons name you intend to dial and have the treo look it up for you automagically. Seems less steps than having to page through several speed dial pages looking for a particular entry.
  3.    #3  
    Well, I use the jog dial to scroll through pages and I memorize the position of the person I want to call on my speed dial list - this way, I can do this completely without looking at my phone.

By entering in the first few letters of a person's, name, I need to look down to see where the keys are.

Right now, my speed dial list is completely full! More pages would be great...
    Originally posted by Lorea
    this way, I can do this completely without looking at my phone.
    By entering in the first few letters of a person's, name, I need to look down to see where the keys are.
    Now why would you need to dial without looking at the phone ... You wouldn't be making phonecalls while trying to drive, of course - that would be awful careless

It seems to me that speed dial is meant to be a shortcut to frequently dialed numbers, not a way to navigate through your entire phonebook. Otherwise, perhaps consider just switching right to your contacts page and use the jog to scroll between your contacts there.

On a personal note, I actually find it rather cumbersome to deal with more than one page of speed dials. There are times I may hit the jog for a bit longer than intended or not hard enough to move it, and if I wasn't looking (which I always do, since I don't make phonecalls while it's necessary for my eyes to be elsewhere), I'd be dialing the wrong person, hence wasted minutes.

Give the poor guy a break! He asked for assistance finding a program that would fit his personal preferences. Rather than provide one or a simple "I don't know", you guys are spending paragraph after paragraph telling him why he doesn't need it and why he is wrong for wanting it... Sheeeesh
    Sheeeesh yourself EyeBall! If you read my reply you'll see that it was to suggest an alternative method of quickly finding entries in the phone book. Perhaps they didn't know that you would quickly look up entires just by typing the first few characters of the name. You would be supprised at how many users don't know that this is acuatlly possible.
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    [COLOR=red]

<snip>

Perhaps they didn't know that you would quickly look up entires just by typing the first few characters of the name. You would be supprised at how many users don't know that this is acuatlly possible.
    That's because they don't read the manual.
    Manual?? They make manuals for new electronic high tech devices?!?!? That undermines the entire "manhood" thing!!

I usually don't look at those until I can't figure something out, and then can't find it in there, so I have to come to all you guys and gals to get the question answered.

Speaking of which, I read a great suggestion on one of these threads for just this problem. Move your Voicemail speedial to the second slot or column (turn off wireless first or you will get a fatal exception), and set up the first slot as a "*" for Sprint VoiceCommand. Use Button-T to change the jog-dial push to Phonebook (it may already be, I forget), Then simply push it twice. Presto, voice dialing safely while driving to all your friends and family!

Hope it helps.

Roger
    Speaking of which, I read a great suggestion on one of these threads for just this problem. Move your Voicemail speedial to the second slot or column (turn off wireless first or you will get a fatal exception), and set up the first slot as a "*" for Sprint VoiceCommand. Use Button-T to change the jog-dial push to Phonebook (it may already be, I forget), Then simply push it twice. Presto, voice dialing safely while driving to all your friends and family!
    How does the voice command feature work on a shared plan? Does Sprint charge $5 extra per phone for this feature? I got so used to having built in voice command on my old SCH 8500 that I would really love to have this function again! Thanx
    $5 per month, first three months free. I think it's per phone also (why would it be any different than Sprint's policy of charging for absolutely everything?) I'm just setting mine up so I'm not sure of the great features, but do a search and I believe everyone is RAVING about it.
    thanks roger,

I called Sprint and they said that its only $5/month for the PRIMARY phone and free for all the other phones on the shared plan! Whoa! Thats pretty good, so I only have to pay $5 bucks to get voice command on all three phones on my plan, thats a pretty good deal IMO. Also, Sprint changed the free trial period from 3 months to two months on Feb 16 FYI...

Thanks..
    Cool! That's like buying a tank full of gas and 30 minutes later going by and the gas is 15 higher! I signed up on Feb. 15th!! I've added a few names and it works great. Now if I could find a good earpiece with a boom microphone that stays firmly on your ear. I hate the hanging one. The Treo has a nonstandard plug due to the push button (notice it has three rings on the plug) so many ones don't work. Anyone know a good one? Love to have the Bluetooth one but I think I'll wait until it's less than $179.