1.    #1  
    Just set up Eudora email for Palm OS, entered all my account info. for my pop3, msn.com email username ___@msn.com, servers: pop3.email.msn.com.

Keep getting "logged into server, pop3.email.msn.com, failed: Permission Denied" error over and over...

Must have somethimg to do with security or authenification....?

anyone get this to work with their pop3, msn email???

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nasdq1
    Just set up Eudora email for Palm OS, entered all my account info. for my pop3, msn.com email username ___@msn.com, servers: pop3.email.msn.com.

Keep getting "logged into server, pop3.email.msn.com, failed: Permission Denied" error over and over...

Must have somethimg to do with security or authenification....?

anyone get this to work with their pop3, msn email???

Thanks!
    You probably are not allowed to have MSN be your outgoing server. However you can use smtp.sprintpcs.com as your outgoing server. You will need to set up a mail password at sprintpcs.com before you use it though. Hope that helps....
    Grace & Peace,

utey
  3.    #3  
    The problem is more related to receiving mail...
  4.    #4  
    Has anyone had msn.com pop3 email work for incoming mail???
    I believe MSN uses a little known/supported authentication method that is called Secure Password Authentication (SPA) which MS uses for quite a few of their systems.

It's not very popular and on the desktop I think Outlook Express supports it (at the time I played with it - I don't think even Outlook supported it). Anyway - good luck to you if you can find a Palm email client that supports SPA.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...