1.    #1  
    Hello from Texas

I'm wondering if someone out there can help me: I've got a Treo 650 branded and locked to Cingular. It was given to me a few months ago, practically new.

So I've tried to unlock the thing by buying a code. No go. If I have an AT&T (old cingular) SIM in and try to unlock the phone with the code, no problem -- the phone says "Sim lock has been removed". BUT, If I use another SIM like a T-Mobile, and try to do the same unlock procedure, no go.

What I suspect here is that it's the Cingular branded firmware. Those losers locked the Treo down so tight that I think the Firmware (Treo650-1b.17-CNG) interferes with the unlock process when another SIM is used.

I DO believe that the unlock code is correct as it DOES give me an affirmative message when I use an AT&T SIM. If the code was bad I don't think I would have gotten that far.

So I want to do a two-for-one deal. By using the methods at:

Treonauts and Uneasy Silence (it won't let me post links)

I think I can do this (probably regardless if I had the code or not)

BUT here's the problem: I can't seem to find the Treo650-fw123.zip file that everyone seems to need to do this process. I've scoured the web for days just trying to find this file to no avail. All the links are DEAD. Granted, this is literally a 7 year old phone, but I'm hoping that SOMEONE out there can help me either find the file, or just e-mail me the file. I'm certain that with this file, and the successful unbranding/unlocking process, I can get this phone unlocked for use with my T-Mobile SIM.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAustin View Post
    Hello from Texas

I'm wondering if someone out there can help me: I've got a Treo 650 branded and locked to Cingular. It was given to me a few months ago, practically new.

So I've tried to unlock the thing by buying a code. No go. If I have an AT&T (old cingular) SIM in and try to unlock the phone with the code, no problem -- the phone says "Sim lock has been removed". BUT, If I use another SIM like a T-Mobile, and try to do the same unlock procedure, no go.

What I suspect here is that it's the Cingular branded firmware. Those losers locked the Treo down so tight that I think the Firmware (Treo650-1b.17-CNG) interferes with the unlock process when another SIM is used.

I DO believe that the unlock code is correct as it DOES give me an affirmative message when I use an AT&T SIM. If the code was bad I don't think I would have gotten that far.

So I want to do a two-for-one deal. By using the methods at:

Treonauts and Uneasy Silence (it won't let me post links)

I think I can do this (probably regardless if I had the code or not)

BUT here's the problem: I can't seem to find the Treo650-fw123.zip file that everyone seems to need to do this process. I've scoured the web for days just trying to find this file to no avail. All the links are DEAD. Granted, this is literally a 7 year old phone, but I'm hoping that SOMEONE out there can help me either find the file, or just e-mail me the file. I'm certain that with this file, and the successful unbranding/unlocking process, I can get this phone unlocked for use with my T-Mobile SIM.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Don
    Read the Custom ROM thread. The firmware and ROM have nothong to do with this. This is all has to do with the comm board.
    My suggests:

- Install Backupman;
    - Make a full backup in SD Card;
    - Hard Reset;
    - Test the TMO SimCard;
    - Restore the backup.
    - Have fun!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)