Help! I can't seem to figure out what should be a pretty basic function -- to check my SprintPCS email from my Treo (the email [username]@sprintpcs.com that comes with PCS Vision).

I've played around with the Treo all day, and can't figure this out!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You didn't state what the problem is, so I'll start from scratch.

1. You need a client. I recommend Eudora or Snapper. (Eudora is free, Snapper is not.)
    2. You need to enter the server information: for incoming it is pop.sprintpcs.com / for outgoing it is smtp.sprintpcs.com
    3. You must enter your username and password. If you've done all of this, and it's telling you you have an incorrect user name, go in to your SPCS email using a regular web browser. Go to the settings area for e-mail, and change your password. If you've never changed it there, it could be a reason it won't authenticate.

Joel
    Thanks for the quick reply. Amazing that Sprint didn't have that info anywhere on their web site or manuals!!!

I installed Snapper Mail and configured it for sprintpcs mail (pop.sprintpcs.com and smtp.sprintpcs.com) but when i send mail I get an error message that the userid/password didnt authorize.

Which is strange because I used the same userid and password that i used on the sprintpcs.com web site . . . . (I changed the password as you suggested on the web site from my desktop PC and it still didnt work) . . .
    Someone emailed me and said that you need to go to the Sprint site and establish a separate password for email..... try that. However, if you have a separate ISP you can use that instead of Sprint PCS. Works good. Just got that up and running myself today - thanks to all the great feedback and help our site provides. good luck.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Did you try changing the e-mail password? The e-mail password is not the same as the sign-in password (for the Sprint web site) and it is not the same as the Vision password. Go into PCS mail after signing-in to Sprint's web site. Hit the "Settings and Preferences" tab and then the "Setup" tab and change your password. This won't affect anything but the e-mail password. Use this new password to retrive e-mail from the Treo.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    It's important to note that Sprint, in its infinite wisdom, actually has TWO Settings and Preferences links on the messaging page. The one on the left (with the options that include Email) is NOT the link to click.

The link to click is actually the one that looks the least likely. It is to the right of the [Compose] tab, and is not a button...it is merely a text link. Nevertheless, it is the correct link to click. That will take you to another screen where you must click on the [Setup] tab that appears.

Hope this helps...

Joel
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Good point. I forgot about the link on the left. As you point out, the correct link is the text on the upper right had corrner to the right of the "Compose" tab.

Gotta love Sprint. Their web designers must be on drugs.
    Jeff
    I feel your pain dkny. I went through the same exact identical hell for three straight days! A sprint rep even hung up on me while I was trying to explain my problem to him. I guess he didn't know the answer......

The great people of this discussion group told me to check out Snapper Mail. All of my problems got solved after checking out this page. Good luck to you.
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm
    Thanks for the email help everyone. I can only hope someone at Sprint reads these posts and eventually will update their web site . .. or at least they should post a link there to here for REAL tech support!

Here's another problem I'm having:

Using Intellisync with Lotus Notes 5 / Palm desktop and Treo 300. The datebook sync is SLOWWWWWWW. I even set it to only sync future dates which I thought would speed up the sync. Help!