Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    O.K., I'm ready to by a Treo 300. Who has the best deal as of now?
    Amazon.com. $299 after rebate and no tax. You have to wait for a couple of weeks, though.
    Originally posted by treon
    Amazon.com. $299 after rebate and no tax. You have to wait for a couple of weeks, though.
    The no tax only applies for states in which Amazon does not have operations. So if you live in WA (and if WA has sales tax) you pay it. I think WA is home to Amazon, no?
    Hey, I bought mine on e-bay, paid $380. Had been a long-standing Sprint customer and called them managed to finnagle a $150 credit from them by upgrading and renewing my contract for 2 years. I never imagined I'd get them to succumb and give me a credit (since they were offering such good deals for new customers), but they did........ And as for e-bay--I bought from a pretty well-established seller and am happy...so far, so good.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    The no tax only applies for states in which Amazon does not have operations. So if you live in WA (and if WA has sales tax) you pay it. I think WA is home to Amazon, no?
    I think you are right.
    forget amazon forget ebay, I won on ebay 5 weeks ago and JUST got my money back from paypal. I paid $390 on ebay and ended up getting it in a store MICROCENTER for $320 now its $350

no rebates just a good deal

buy it while u can
    I noticed Amazon had a $35 charge for initiating ones service plan. Does Sprint charge the same amount if you buy directly for them, or is this a way for Amazon to offset their low sales price?

Thanks
    I just ordered a Treo 180 from Amazon. They mentioned the $35. charge, but it's not on the Amazon bill: it was on my first bill from T-Mobile. Whether the provider charges this when you order directly -- can't say.
  9. NBP
    Best Buy right now has it for $299 after rebates ($499-$50 instant rebate-$150 Best Buy rebate). For me, I'd rather buy from BB than Amazon b/c I always go with the Performance Service Plan. In 3 years time, something ALWAYS goes wrong and it's a good way to ensure an upgrade for $60.
    Originally posted by rvwink
    I noticed Amazon had a $35 charge for initiating ones service plan. Does Sprint charge the same amount if you buy directly for them, or is this a way for Amazon to offset their low sales price?

Thanks
    I ordered a 300 at Amazon and was charged just for the phone
    ($499). If Sprint has the charge, I think you need to pay it
    regardless of you bought your phone from Amazon or Sprint. If
    they don't, you don't need to pay it in either case.
    I just bought a treo from a sprint store in Columbus, Ohio and they matched the best buy price of 299! I had to bring in the best buy ad showing that with the sprint rebate and the best buy 150 rebate I could get one for 299. They sold it to me for that and waived the activation fee! I love it so far!!
    I price matched the Amazon ad at a Sprint store - $299.
    Originally posted by NBP
    Best Buy right now has it for $299 after rebates ($499-$50 instant rebate-$150 Best Buy rebate). For me, I'd rather buy from BB than Amazon b/c I always go with the Performance Service Plan. In 3 years time, something ALWAYS goes wrong and it's a good way to ensure an upgrade for $60.
    well if Best Buy does have this deal...then you can go to Circuit City and get the same thing plus 10% That's what I did back in Oct.
    I ordered my 300 from Amazon and it only took four days with the free saver shipping. I did that the day before their $299 price was to expire. Of course they extended the rebate. Taking the ad to the store for a price match would have been better, having a local place to go if something is wrong with it is great. I still have to take the time to read the manual and then activate it. Waving the set up fee would be great. Maybe when I call if I whine about what palm.net is doing they will wave it for me.:-)
    The Sprint store in Murray, UT price matched right off the ad in Amazon's site.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    one of the things about these deals for 299 is how frustrating they are for CURRENT Sprint users.

i've been a sprint user for about 3 years now. i waited and waited and waited for the Treo 300, because it used Sprint, instead of having to switch carriers to someone like T-Mobile.

well, lo and behold, the Treo 300 comes out, and it's so out of my price range, because i am a long-time sprint user, and don't qualify for the 200 dollar discounts.

i think it's wonderful that newcomers can get a deal, but i think a lot of these places really screwed those of us who have been loyal.

just my two cents,

peace,
    Tree
    You can always change your number and get a new user deal. Likewise, you can call to cancel, and when they ask you why, you tell them. Often that will get you a huge price break
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by Thunderbroom
    I price matched the Amazon ad at a Sprint store - $299.
    Did Sprint waive the activation fee?
  19.    #19  
    Originally posted by wvutdre79
    The Sprint store in Murray, UT price matched right off the ad in Amazon's site.
    Did Sprint waive your activation fee as well?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    that defeats the purpose. living in NYC, like a lot of other folks here, i ditched my landline long ago. my celly is my only phone, and without the option of offering a "forwarding" number, it's not easy to just up and start a new plan.....

sprint should have done something for those loyal to them.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast