Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought any new account requires a one year contract and then after that, you go month to month. You don't start out month to month upon activation.
    Originally posted by mo-bile
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought any new account requires a one year contract and then after that, you go month to month. You don't start out month to month upon activation.
    Most probably that's the case, although I have not seen it explicitly stated as such. Makes business sense though.
    Originally posted by mo-bile
    If you go to the Sprint site, buy a phone as a new customer, and choose a service plan, it assumes a one-year contract. However, you can opt to not have a one-year contract but will be charged an additional $10/month. Also, any of the current rebates offered on the Sprint site require a one-year contract.

What's somewhat interesting is that it looks like you can purchase a cell phone off of their site without signing up for service at all. I suppose this would be useful for existing customers who want to switch phones. Again, though, you're paying full price ($500) for this.

If not for the snow storm we've got right now, I think I'd probably run to Circuit City to see if I could get the same kind of deal that plutocracy got. I don't mind another one-year contract if I could get it for $179. He said there was a separate CC rebate for $50 in addition to the Sprint rebate. When I go to the CC web site it mentions the Sprint $50 rebate but no CC rebate.

I just got off the phone with one of our local CC's. They told me that they have the phone available for $299 plus a $50 Sprint rebate. That doesn't bode well because it's the same deal as BB, so they wouldn't be matching/beating it. Hmm...
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Just bought Treo 300 for wife as valentine's present...CC was the best deal I could get....could not get the $179 out the door price, but was able to get a post-rebate $237 tax included price....the manager used the CC $50 rebate and the Sprint rebate as part of the match of BB's price....went with CC b/c their price match was 110% price of any competitor...still, this beats what I thought was a good deal a month ago when I purchased mine for $299 post rebate from Amazon and beat BB by enough to make it worthwhile....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234