Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by Brandon1_99

Did Sprint waive the activation fee?
    No, but I got my wife a Sanyo 4900 for free!
    Now CircuitCity is $299, too. However, 3yr PSP is $80 from BB and $60 from CC. But when I told BB that, they made further $50
    discount which means $250 for the phone and $80 for the PSP.

I'm still not sure which is better but it seems like HandSpring is
    going to sell a new model soon??
    Brandon, the sprint store in Columbus Oh waived my activation fee. But I was adding the treo to another phone on an existing business account and upgrading the plan. However, they would only match a best buy ad, not amazon.

Marcy
    TREON YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!
    Treon,

THANKS SSSSOOOOO much for recommending that link!!!! I did exactly what those guys said they did and I got MY treo today for $167.12 brand spanking new from the local Sprint store in Washington, DC. (18th and M Street). They honored the Amazon rebate which dropped the phone down to $350, then they gave me the Sprint rebate of $50 which brought the phone down to $300. I then called Sprint Customer Care and asked for credit towards a new phone and they told me based on my credit and length of time with them I qualified for a $150 credit toward the purchase of a new phone-plus they gave me two months free service (I did have to sign up for a year-but that was cool b/c I was on month to month anyway)-the $85 2000 minutes, unlimited vision plan. (I don't need that many minutes so after my two months, I'll drop down to the $50 plan. So, my end price was $167.12 out the door-I AM PSYCHED!!!

Thanks for all of your help!!!
    One can save another $50-$100 by not buying accessories which end up in a drawer unused.
    David
    Wow -that is a great price.
    Last edited by ebolean; 01/20/2003 at 06:14 AM.
    Glad to help you. > CAMillion
    You guys have made it near impossible for me to go out and spend $500 dollars on the Tro 300. I thought I had decided that the Treo 300 was close to what I need (I am in outside sales and even though I have my laptop mounted in my truck I find that I need access to customer data as well as sales numbers when I am away from my truck. I thought the Treo 300 with Quick Office would allow me access to this data and I had decided that the 16mb shortfall would just mean that I would keep apps and data to a minimum.) NOW... HOW CAN I SPEND $500 after read that everyone here SAVED so much money.

Both BestBuy and Circuit City in N. California are offering the Treo at $449.00. And the only REAL deal in town is Amazon at $299.00 HOWEVER that is for NEW customers... which I am not.

Sucks to be ME... Congradulations to all of those who got great deals on their Treos...

Any suggestions?
    I am extremely happy and I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks a lot!!
    ScottBishop,

I'm not a new customer either. I had to open another account with Sprint with a new number. However, you are able to call Sprint after you get home from purchasing/activating the new phone and have them put your old number on your new phone and your new number on your old phone. Wait a few days and then cancel the service with the old phone because now your new phone has your old number and you still have complied with your side of the agreement. It's a headache but the Treo 300 is AWSOME! So to me, it's worth a little aggravation. And it's totally honest.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    i would love to hear confirmation from others that doing that really worked.

as my others posts state, i'm a long time sprint user and feel left behind because it was only for new customers.

if this is really doable, then it all works out in the end, no?

peace,
    Tree
    Originally posted by CAMillion
    ScottBishop,

I'm not a new customer either. I had to open another account with Sprint with a new number. However, you are able to call Sprint after you get home from purchasing/activating the new phone and have them put your old number on your new phone and your new number on your old phone. Wait a few days and then cancel the service with the old phone because now your new phone has your old number and you still have complied with your side of the agreement. It's a headache but the Treo 300 is AWSOME! So to me, it's worth a little aggravation. And it's totally honest.
    Does anyone know if we can transfer $$$ credits between accounts? Let's say I have a service or equipment credit on my "old" account, can this be transferred to my "new" account?
    Best Buy has TREO 300 for $249.99 in latest Washington D.C. Sunday paper ad insert.
    Seldom is right! Best Buy is advertising the Treo 300 for $499 minus $200 instant rebate minus $50 Sprint rebate.

That's a great deal.

Cluemeister
    I would be extremely upset right now about that Best Buy deal if I hadn't gotten such a great deal from Sprint! But I'll have to tell my friends about it.
    In its Sunday paper ad for today 2/2/03, in the Los Angeles area, Best Buy publishes the Treo 300 for $ 250 after rebates. don't know if it's a nationwide offer , but worth checking into. Good luck.
    microcenter had a deal at about $300-350.
    I just picked up the Treo 300 @ BestBuy today with the deal that they currently have for $250 after the instant and mail-in rebates. I'm actually typing on it right now. I actually had purchased a Treo from Amazon and it's still in shipping right now, so I guess I'll have to return it now since I have no patience for the $150 rebate!
    Thanks to all for the Best Buy info. I'd been sitting on the fence, looking for a good deal on the Treo after giving up on the T-mobile sidekick. I got the BB ad, went straight to Circuit City, and picked up a Treo for $279 out the door. Additionally, there's the Sprint rebate of $50, and the salesman printed out a separate Circuit City rebate for another $50... bringing the eventual total to $179.
    Originally posted by plutocracy
    and the salesman printed out a separate Circuit City rebate for another $50... bringing the eventual total to $179.
    Check the date on the $50 rebate from CC. The on-line form said it was valid thru 2/1/03.

If it is still good, you got a sweet deal!
    Thanks,

Mark
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast