1.    #1  
    I recently bought the 300 and am loving it more everyday. I have snagged a handful of software online but still have a couple of questions....

My main e-mail account is through MSN while I have a second pop3 account through my graduate schools intranet. I am wanting to find a way that I can read and send e-mail from my treo. Any suggestions?

I also heard that you can "chat" through msn messenger with the Treo....any truth to this?

Like I said before, I've downloaded a bunch of random apps for my treo but was wondering if there are any "must-have" programs or software that a new Treo owner needs.....just looking for suggestions. Thanks!
    Download Eudora (or other email application of your choice) configure it with both (or one) of your accounts and you can read and send email from those accounts. There are a number of threads here on setting up the email client properly. It's one of the killer features of the Treo as far as I'm concerned.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    You can also try snappermail. A lot of people like that e-mail client as well.

pdaapps.com is devloping a chat program that will allow you to chat on MSN, Yahoo, and AOL. A free demo is available. It is a pretty cool program so far...
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    go for snappermail. Like it a lot and best thing - its simple and it works!
  5.    #5  
    Thank for the replies everyone...

I have checked out snappermail, eudora, etc. but none of them work with hotmail (msn). Anyone know of a way I can check my hotmail accounts with my Treo? I have attempted to go to http://mobile.msn.com but it has a default menu with links to "news", "sports" etc. Although the website states otherwise, there is no link to "hotmail"
    I have been perusing the boards and I saw someone suggest gopherking software. Their website is www.gopherking.com. Looks like there's a small annual fee....but the software is "free". Looks like you can access hotmail, aol, etc......... take a peek.

I'm a new kid on the block too and am just now trying to figure out what is best.....verichat vs. webmessenger; snappermail vs. gopherking...etc. All I'm interested in in AOL mail and AIM, but from what I've read neither of the AOL applications would be my best bet..............................and so, the quest continues...........
    One more thing.. I just looked at Snappermail.com's FAQ's and saw this:

Can I get my Hotmail, MSN, or AOL email with SnapperMail?

No, SnapperMail only supports POP3 mailboxes. Hotmail, MSN, and AOL Mail use proprietary protocols. There is a workaround for getting Hotmail if an extra mail service is used.

...just my 2 pennies.
    i can't take credit for this because it was already posted here. but i also believe this is the best link to get to hotmail through blazer:

http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

there are afew other links floating around these boards that i tried, but this seemed to work for me.
    I have recently started using GopherKing and can confirm that Hotmail can be accessed directly. I am on the 30 day trial period and appreciate the fact that they do not require you to give credit card info etc. Just pick a user name and password and you're up and running. Seems like a well designed, userfriendly site. It also works very well with AvantGo.

Originally posted by kkayenyc
    I have been perusing the boards and I saw someone suggest gopherking software. Their website is www.gopherking.com. Looks like there's a small annual fee....but the software is "free". Looks like you can access hotmail, aol, etc......... take a peek.

I'm a new kid on the block too and am just now trying to figure out what is best.....verichat vs. webmessenger; snappermail vs. gopherking...etc. All I'm interested in in AOL mail and AIM, but from what I've read neither of the AOL applications would be my best bet..............................and so, the quest continues...........