1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just got my replacement treo 180(My first treo one can't find GSM network provider). I tested the replacement treo yesterday. During my first try, the recepient can hear me loud and clear. Later on, I called several people and they said that all they can hear from me was static. I can hear them very well. I tried 3 locations cause I thought it might be a poor signal, but all they can hear is static.

How do I check if this a hardware problem or the GSM network provider?

Please Help. (I live in one of the Pacific Islands, and it takes more than a month to get a replacement. Handspring only ships to U.S. I had to send the old treo to a relative in the U.S. ,then they ship it to HS and HS ship it my relative in the US and my relative ship it to me.)

Thanks
    Originally posted by Phebe

How do I check if this a hardware problem or the GSM network provider?
    If you have another service provider on the island and you have a friend who is subscribed to that provider, you could try their SIM card.

What about a 'nokia' type phone? Is there still static when you use this?

The fact that you have tried several different locations (I presume different transponders), there is a suggestion that the transmitter in your radio is fried.
  3.    #3  
    If you have another service provider on the island and you have a friend who is subscribed to that provider, you could try their SIM card.
    There is only one GSM provider on island. So I wont be able to test it using another carrier.

I brought the Treo 180 to the GSM provider and tried a NEW SIM CARD AND WOWWW it WORKS again loud and clear,i.e., that is they can hear me and I can hear them.

Now I'm beginning to suspect that it's either the SIM card or the 3 locatios were the problem in the first place.

PLEASE HELP ME DIAGANOSE.

Thanks
    Phebe