Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by Predator-1
    How did it turn out? Did you get it to work? What software and cables did you use? What was your connection speed?...
    It worked fine. I used a standard Treo serial cable. I didn't check the connection speed. Your results would be the same as with a laptop. In the machines I used, Sprint coverage is spotty, so speed would have been slow.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm able to get connected with a serial cable, but when I try with IR I get the following error message:

"Error 770: Remote computer rejected connection attempt".

Any help appreciated.

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Don't take this the wrong way. I used to be a Mac evangelist many years ago, but being in the accounting software business, options are very limited in the mac world...

Why did you support the Mac on USB but not Windows? You know the market is approximately 10 times larger? Was it:

A) Because it was easier or is already built into the mac?
    B) Because that is your primary area of expertise?
    C) Because you hate Bill Gates

Thanks, Just curious
    Mark F Chinsky
    Originally posted by mulcher
    Don't take this the wrong way. I used to be a Mac evangelist many years ago, but being in the accounting software business, options are very limited in the mac world...

Why did you support the Mac on USB but not Windows? You know the market is approximately 10 times larger? Was it:

A) Because it was easier or is already built into the mac?
    B) Because that is your primary area of expertise?
    C) Because you hate Bill Gates

Thanks, Just curious
    I'm a Palm OS and Mac software developer, so I did what I knew. In addition, the primary reason for WirelessModem was for me personally to use it. Since I'm a Mac user, I developed something for me. If I knew how to develop a Windows driver, I would. However, I don't and from the response I've received from others, at the moment, it appears that no one else knows how to either.

I won't bother to get into OS wars.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    However, I don't and from the response I've received from others, at the moment, it appears that no one else knows how to either.
    I'm still working on this. My plan is to change the source code of irComm from talking to IrDA to USB port. Right now this method sounds the easiest to me. If you have any comments, please.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123