1.    #1  
    My brand new Treo 90 won't turn off automatically any more, after I synced it the first time. I had a 180 before, and I synced all the old apps onto the 90, less everything that appeared to be only phone related. I have all hacks disabled. Anyone have any ideas, or have run into a similar prob before?
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    Which hack engine? Try removing all hacks and starting over inserting them one by one. Hacks that go looking for the graffiti area may get confused, even when not enabled. Only a few Desk Accessories work with the 90. If you have any of these installed, remove them as well.

It could also be an app causing the problem. If the hacks don't seem to be the issue, try a hard reset and installing/testing the programs one by one. And of course, make sure you're backed up before you do.

Just out of curiousity, do you have an SD card or launcher intalled? Any other suspicious activity?

Your problem doesn't seem to be a common one. Hope this helps.

Kevin
  3.    #3  
    Hack manager: X-Master...
    I think I am going to do full hard reset, once I make sure I have my important information backed up. I also am trying to figure out how the archive information is stored, because I installed some programs that I had previosly tried out on my 180 (and let expire) because I wanted to test them now in color, but they somehow remember that I once tested them before, and tell me they are expired, and won't let me run them.
    Last edited by mtt; 01/07/2003 at 10:01 AM.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    Don't know how you transferred over from your 180, but usually the best way to transfer to a new machine (and try new apps) is the beam them over then (with filez) beam over the databases and hacks. As painstaking and as long as this takes, it elmiminates some of the preference files that can cause new issues and take up space.

Incidentally, you'll probably want to try some apps to get more from your SD. Filez (as a file mover), BackupBuddyVFSFree, and Shortcutz (creates icons in ROM to launch apps from SD) from palmgear are all good places to start. There are also some great treocentric hacks and launchers, but everybody seems to have their own setup so there's no "norm."

Best of luck.