Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay boys and girls, there's good news and bad news. First the bad news (not that bad, really)

I have been spending a bunch of time on developing and fine-tuning the ringtone collection I had posted. I also had to buy a couple of pieces of software in order to do all the editing and so on. So the 'beta' time is over, and I have now put them up as a commercial item at palmgear.com. Of course, they are cheap but maybe they can at least cover costs...

You can get them at palmgear.com or directly at my website www.aaronstein.com.

Now for the good news. If they sell, I will continue to develop more tones, so that's where you all come in. I would like some suggestions of songs you think would make good ringtones.

Please keep in mind that ringtones have to be at most about 15 seconds long, and we need to hear them when the phone rings. So the songs you suggest should contain short, recognizable parts that would sound good as a ringtone.

No guarantees, but obviously if I expect people to pay for them, I want to make stuff that folks want!
    Last edited by aarons12; 01/05/2003 at 04:58 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Aaron, two songs I have thought of preparing for my phone are both Blondie tunes: Call Me and Hanging on the Telephone. You should be able to snip the title of each song in 15 seconds.

Thanks for your contribution to the Treo community.
  3.    #3  
    got 'em, thanks! (just thinking, i better not respond to everybody who posts here, so if you post a suggestion, take it for granted that i got it, since i check this thread about a dozen times a day!!)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    FYI...I bought Aaron's collection....they sound great and they work.

A satisfied customer

MOB
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i would love for you to do the autumn wind....theme song for the oakland raiders....will gladly pay whatever it costs
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by raiderfan
    i would love for you to do the autumn wind....theme song for the oakland raiders....will gladly pay whatever it costs
    wow what an offer! anyway, i will see what i can find. is 'autumn wind' the oldie by frank sinatra (the words also include the summer wind etc...) if not, do you know the artist?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    actually it has no lyrics if you have real audio you can hear it here
    http://angelfire.com/fl/TheCard/fightaw.html under the raider helmet click the real audio link....hope that helps let me know what needs to be done to make this happens.....million thanks aaron jon
    Not to ignore the publics need for song ringtones...but I am more interested in polyphonic sound effects than songs. Do you have any plans to develop any effects that sound like the ones already on the Treo 300 (ie, waterfall or arabesque). They almost sound like samples....wouldn't be surprised if they were. Just curious if you will be including sound effects in your collection.

Thanks....

-greg
  9.    #9  
    i had no specific plans but am not against it. i have thought also that sometimes songs are not necessary. i will 'look around' and see what i come up with. thanks
    Hi Aaron,
    thanks for making this fun! As you know I now have the beta version. James Bond has been assigned to my husband. (I am his Tracy if you know what I mean, only a true fan would know, and the good thing is I haven't been knocked off)
    I would love a ring tone for Sentimental Journey by Lionel Hampton. It is very sentimental song for me and I'd like to assign it to my Mom's number. Any chance you could work on that one.

now that I have TCRinger I am sure I will be thinking about more songs so I'll keep you posted.
  11.    #11  
    sentimental journey should be no problem... will put it on the list for the next set of tones. maybe if you buy the first set i will send this one to you when it's done as a preview of the next group...
    hi, I plan on buying them today. I sync at work so was unable to download last night. I hope I have time at work today. thanks!
    PS Wowed my husband last night with the James Bond theme. His pocket PC doesn't have great tunes.
    Is it possible to create a ringtone that sounds like the Star Trek communicator
    from the original TV series. I can direct you to a .wav file if needed.

Maybe this has already been done. I don't know.
  14.    #14  
    that's a neat idea but would need midi file not wav so let me know. i have played around with a program that supposedly changes wav's to midi but it was useless for this purpose.
    Aaron,

Maybe this is a little obvious but how about a snip-it from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy ? By the way, I will buy your ringtones (even though I already have them) once TCRinger is released and I can buy that also. I have completely removed Ringo from my Handspring and do not want to install it again.

Also, would like to see US Anthem, British Anthem, French Anthem and Mexican Anthem.

Cheers,

Dave.
    I've tried all kinds of different programs to convert wav to midi to try
    and get the Star Trek communicator sound into a midi format but none
    worked to where it came out with anything close.

If anyone knows of anything that would work I'd like to know.
    i owuld love to have it but thebad news is his site is not working...plez fixsoon, take care, J
    Darth Vader's Theme!!!

(for when my mother in law calls )
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    try these tunes out

http://astro.temple.edu/~blumatt/cell/

40 in 1
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by bioart
    Darth Vader's Theme!!!

(for when my mother in law calls )
    actually several people already suggested that one, and funny how the mother-in-law thing keeps repeating. i already have that one in the works for collection #2!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast