1.    #1  
    the guy was being a ***** and wouldn't give me any credit for buying the treo at the sprint store for 499. Its on amazon and at a local retail store in houston for 349 with 50 extra off to new people. sprint won't give me the difference and I said I know pl who have got it (from this board). I've been a customer for 3 years. What should I do to get a credit like many of you have got?
    thanks
    I wouldn't give you a credit. You should research prices BEFORE buying.
    I second that motion. Shouldn't you call customer service before you make the purchase? What incentive do they have to give you the credit. You are already their customer (with a new $500 phone).

To point out the obvious: if you saw it in a retail store for 349 why go and spend more at another store?
  4.    #4  
    i fully agree with you all, but I only asked because I remember reading about other members doing the same and having success. If they do it for one person they better be prepared to give me the same deal as I have easily spent over 4000 dollars with Sprint in my days (3 yrs of expensive plans).

Was just looking for some advice from people who had success.
    A friendly word to a fellow five hundred dollar purchaser:

I too paid $499 at the Sprint Store several months ago, as a long-time Sprint customer, and I too did not get a credit when I asked for it a week or two later, when Amazon came out with their $349 deal for new Sprint signups. Most people don't take the time to post anecdotes online about how they tried for a better deal and got turned down, so I suspect that you and I are not the only ones.

But I got over it.

As soon as I shrugged it off, stopped thinking about the fact that other folks got a better bargain price than I did, I began enjoying this tremendous and ingenious device I carry around with me, and decided that it was worth every penny of the five hundred bucks I paid for it, and at this point I don't care if other folks get them free - I'm getting my money's worth.

It took years for a little color TV to come down from $1000 to $150; but look how fast DVD players have dropped in price in a few short months, and now they are practically giving away VCRs. Technology price drops are accelerating to the point that prices may start being lower before you drive the product home from the store.

I spend a lot of time on TreCentral, but i concentrate on using this time and energy learning about new tips, techniques and software; not worrying about who got their Treo cheaper.

I won't care if people start finding Treos in their cereal boxes - I'm enjoying mine and I hope those lucky folks enjoy theirs.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I voted with my wallet as well, and said no to jumping through hoops for an amazon rebate that may or may not materialize.
    the sprint stores were only authorized to do a price reduction on existing customers only. not true circuit city / best buy style price matching. before I got my device I was well aware of various discounts and rebates and chose accordingly. I also called *2 and was awarded a $100 upgrade credit. then out of the blue I won my treo in a contest at the job. this will never happen again in a million years but just goes to show possibilities. Bottom line, just be happy with the latest, smartest phone (for now) and don't worry how the guy next to you got his...
    Well... there is one way.
    If you are still in your initial 14-day period, you are entitled to return your phone and everything back to Sprint where you purchased your phone - no questions asked. I'd go in to the Sprint Store and say that you would like to return your phone unless you get some credit for the difference between the Amazon price and the price you paid. Often, because the rep doesn't want to go through the hassle of it all, you might get some money back instead of no money back.

Good Luck...
    Originally posted by airtroop01
    Well... there is one way.
    If you are still in your initial 14-day period, you are entitled to return your phone and everything back to Sprint where you purchased your phone - no questions asked. I'd go in to the Sprint Store and say that you would like to return your phone unless you get some credit for the difference between the Amazon price and the price you paid. Often, because the rep doesn't want to go through the hassle of it all, you might get some money back instead of no money back.

Good Luck...
    Exactly!