Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i need a site, pqa or other Treo preogram, where all i have to do is put in a cell phone number and the sms extension will be added automatically. I have so many numbers to keep track of, I don't know the name of every cell phone carrier each person is using. IMO, it's nice but not enough to have the extenwion automatically completed when you chek a box.
    Actually, you could technically create a small web page that correctly translates a given ten digit number to the corresponding carrier without having to know the extension (@messaging.sprintpcs.com). At www.nanpa.com,all of the npa's (area code) and nxx's (three digits after the area code) in the country are downloadable. Each npa/nxx combination is listed with the carrier, so you could create a database (after considerable clean-up work) to query after parsing the ten digit phone number you entered. Wish I had the time...
    I just found this thread, and I want to say this is AWESOME! Very nice option for those who do not want to purchase Treo300SMS!

Thanks Chris!
    oldnew wrote:

I have so many numbers to keep track of, I don't know the name of every cell phone carrier each person is using.

Amen. That's why I stopped using txtmsg.com. Does Treo300sms require this info? The PDAApps site doesn't say. Being able to send a message with only a 10-digit phone number would be reason enough to drop the $20.
    check this out sprintusers-wireless

you can send one way text messages among many other cool links! (www.sprintusers.com from your pc)
    go here on your treo: wap.sprintusers.com

or here on your pc: www.sprintusers.com

you can send one-way text from yourt treo!
    That's a great idea! Type a number and let the computer figure out where it should go... I did some PHP scripting and voila: http://www.microcio.com/mobile/.

The NANPA data is automatically updated once a month. Currently I only have a "conduit" working for Sprint PCS. If anyone knows the websites to send SMS to other carriers, and have a phone number I can send test messages to, let me know and I'll add support for that network.

Incidentally you can try to SMS any north american number and if the number isn't supported it will display the carrier that owns that NPA-NXX.

Have fun and let me know what you think. - Justin

Originally posted by grim02
    Actually, you could technically create a small web page that correctly translates a given ten digit number to the corresponding carrier without having to know the extension (@messaging.sprintpcs.com). At www.nanpa.com,all of the npa's (area code) and nxx's (three digits after the area code) in the country are downloadable. Each npa/nxx combination is listed with the carrier, so you could create a database (after considerable clean-up work) to query after parsing the ten digit phone number you entered. Wish I had the time...
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    oldnew wrote:

I have so many numbers to keep track of, I don't know the name of every cell phone carrier each person is using.

Amen. That's why I stopped using txtmsg.com. Does Treo300sms require this info? The PDAApps site doesn't say. Being able to send a message with only a 10-digit phone number would be reason enough to drop the $20.
    While Treo300sms will allow you to send an e-mail to any address (including ##########@wireless-carrier.com), it will also allow you to send a true SMS message to a phone number. This means that yes, Treo300Sms will allow you to send an SMS with only a 10-digit phone number. That phone number doesn't need to be a SprintPCS number; it will work with any phone number that can receive SMS messages.
    Originally posted by BillFugina

While Treo300sms will allow you to send an e-mail to any address (including ##########@wireless-carrier.com), it will also allow you to send a true SMS message to a phone number. This means that yes, Treo300Sms will allow you to send an SMS with only a 10-digit phone number. That phone number doesn't need to be a SprintPCS number; it will work with any phone number that can receive SMS messages.
    This is absolutely correct. I send Sprint Shortmail messages regularly to my friends and business associates on ATT Wireless, Verizon, Cingular and T-Mobile with doing nothing more than entering their ten-digit mobile number. Works like a champ.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12