1.    #1  
    I have been reading some of the past threads on snappermail, it seems interesting. currently i am using EUDORA and have been completely satisfied. I am curious if anybody has opinions based on the two products. Basically i am trying to determine if it snappermail is worth buying, or should i wait until the come out with some of their enhancements they are talking about
    I've used Snappermail and it has the potential of being one of the best, if not the best, e-mail client on the Palm platform. However, I am moving away from Snappermail for a few reasons:

1. I have an aversion to paying for beta software. This is my problem and not necessarily anyone else's.

2. Snappermail does not yet suit my needs and requirements (i.e. IMAP support and HTML stripping being the most significant). Until these are supported (apparently not for a while yet), I have moved on to Basejet with an eye on 2bA.

My 2 cents worth.
    read your post with interest ..... I have not yet installed sortware to access my emails. I know this is probably a real basic question, but wanted some advice before I did this.

I currently use Outlook on my desktop for email. Have multiple email accounts (business and personal). I am thinking of installing Eudora. If I do, will my Outlook account remain intact and Eudora just reside on my Treo?

Also - I have not yet downloaded anything to the Treo. When I go to the Eudora website, is the softare downloaded to my PC and then transferred to the Treo on the next hotsync or does it go directly to the Treo. Thanks for advice to this 'newbie'! much appreciated. Happy New Year everyone!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jazzman
    read your post with interest ..... I have not yet installed sortware to access my emails. I know this is probably a real basic question, but wanted some advice before I did this.

I currently use Outlook on my desktop for email. Have multiple email accounts (business and personal). I am thinking of installing Eudora. If I do, will my Outlook account remain intact and Eudora just reside on my Treo?

Also - I have not yet downloaded anything to the Treo. When I go to the Eudora website, is the softare downloaded to my PC and then transferred to the Treo on the next hotsync or does it go directly to the Treo. Thanks for advice to this 'newbie'! much appreciated. Happy New Year everyone!
    Installing Eudora or any other email client will not break your Outlook.

Yes you have to download Eudora (or any other palm program) to your PC, unzip, then double click the .prb file. This will launch the install application for your palm automatically. Try it by downloading a free game from Handspring.com.

I use Snappermail (paid for it) and like it very much. Yes it is still beta and it has a couple of minor bugs. It works very well. The features it currently has out weigh the minor bugs. It is has venver crashed and always worked for me. I used Eudora for a couple of days and did not like it that much. Eudora is currently not being supported so if you use it you won't get tech support from them most likely.

Hope this helps....
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. have a great day
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, you answered what i was concerned about
    the main reason I prefer snappermail over eudora is because it can automatically check your mail throughout the day at scheduled times and notify you when you receive mail. also it handles attachments. eudora doesn't do either. although if you use macroplay with eudora, it can check your mail automatically. you don't get notfied of new mail though.
    I know this may be a little off-topic, but I have paid for the full version of snappermail and love it - except for the fact that it won't download any attachments over 50k on my Treo300!
    I just installed snappermail and apparently receiving messages OK but tried to send and I get a mesage that the send failed because it is prohibited by the administrator.... should the incoming and outgoing for Sprint be different than the settings I use in OUtlook for my ISP? ANy help would be appreciated.

'By the way - this is a very cool and compact app. I already like it very much. thanks
    If it is Earthlink, I recently learned you need to use smtpauth.earthlink.net, not the regular smtp.earthlink.net that works fine on your desktop email software.

If you have another ISP, you may need to find out the smtp address for email originating off the ISP's network.
    I just installed snappermail and apparently receiving messages OK but tried to send and I get a mesage that the send failed because it is prohibited by the administrator.... should the incoming and outgoing for Sprint be different than the settings I use in OUtlook for my ISP? ANy help would be appreciated.
    Your outgoing SMTP should be sprint.
    SnapperMail SMTP Settings
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

'By the way - this is a very cool and compact app. I already like it very much. thanks
    If your ISP does not support an smtp server (a lot don't) than you can use smtp.sprintpcs.com . Enter in the password you made on the sprintpcs.com website. You will need to make one for e-mail. It can be the same as your vision password, but you will need to create it.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    You may find it useful to compare the Eudora and SnapperMail entries in my Treo Email Apps Buying Guide.