1.    #1  
    Hey Dudes,

so far, the new versions of iSync and iCal work GREAT!

iSync has actually been made to be compatible with all TREO devices......

In all my hotsyncs, everything has gone well

for you mac users....make sure you grab a 10.2.3 upgrade...and from there, iSync and iCal are both FREE from www.apple.com
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Now iSync wants to duplicate every entry in my address book, so my treo goes from 530 to 1060 or so entries! what gives? Synced perfectly with Palm Desktop :-(
    Jerome
    i Sync works great if you are exclusively using only Apple software (iCal/Mail/Address Book etc.). I love the concept! But there is no real compatibility with Entourage. As much as I love Apple and Apple products, Entourage still beats them on fucntionality and compatibilty. Until they come up with a suite that comes close to Entourage in features and fucntionality, I'm stuck using it....and by default left out of the cool new iSync clubhouse. :-(

I'm worried that Apple is starting to look like it is stealing a chapter from an old Microsoft book by forcing you to only use and BUY their software and if you don't, you are screwed and don't get to play with the cool new things.
    Originally posted by TreoTwitch
    i Sync works great if you are exclusively using only Apple software (iCal/Mail/Address Book etc.). I love the concept! But there is no real compatibility with Entourage. As much as I love Apple and Apple products, Entourage still beats them on fucntionality and compatibilty. Until they come up with a suite that comes close to Entourage in features and fucntionality, I'm stuck using it....and by default left out of the cool new iSync clubhouse. :-(

I'm worried that Apple is starting to look like it is stealing a chapter from an old Microsoft book by forcing you to only use and BUY their software and if you don't, you are screwed and don't get to play with the cool new things.
    As a longtime user of Entourage I was weary of Mail since it's onset in 10.0. Thankfully, it has come leaps and bounds. It has features Entourage is sorely lacking, namely "Bounce To Sender" "Redirect" and the "Junk" mailing features. Now, I'm sure the Enoutrage-phyllic folks will say "Nay! Entourage has those capabilities!" But in 4 years of using it I never found them to be nearly as accessible or useful as in the last 3 days since migrating to Mail. Furthermore, Entourage poorly manages itself. Often it doesn't respond to my Send & Recieve all demands, and the IMAP caching is ridiculously poor. Frequently it is outright mislisting the messages in my IMAP folders... why? Who can say. Mail in 10.2.3 is very snappy, fully featured, and responsive.

I do love Entourage's integration, it is a client/calendar/todo&task manager all in one. The new iCal is scratching the surface of Entourages calendar capabilities, but it isn't quite as refined. However, the offset to that is the HTML export capabilities in iCal are far more delightful than in Entourage, and I find that beneficial.

I sync'd flawlessly to my iPod, Treo, and .Mac account and have been since Sunday with delight. Also, it's quite clear for .Mac users that iSync is going to be capable of syncing with the webmail.mac.com interface Address Book so you'll have your address book available to you there as well in the near future...go iSync ASAP .Mac users.
    Originally posted by TreoTwitch

I totally agree here. Apple's concept is simplicity, but iCal (bloated and still way to slow) AddressBook, and Mail being separate apps just doesn't get it for me. Entourage is all-in-one, being able to sync memo's and I rely on "Categories" that sync, that's a BIG plus. As a .mac user I would like to switch to the Apple apps but not yet.
    I'm toying with the idea of switching from Entourage sync with my Treo 300 to the iSync/iCal, Mac address book and iMail programs. But where do you sync notes? I would hate the idea of having to open the Palm Desktop anytime I need to view a note.
    Any thoughts?
    Don't do it...yet. Unfortunatly, iSync/Cal/Mail/Addressbook are not quite ready for primtime. I already tried and am now back to the darkside's Entourage. First iSync does not give you the option to have handheld override desktop or vicea versa. So it added all the older contact info from my address book and .Mac (from a previous attempt at syncing). This left me with a Treo full of duplicates and old contacts that I had prevously deleted. Thankfully my Entorage info was still intact and I reinstalled the Entourage conduit and overrode the handheld and am back in business.
    Second, having notes, to dos, contacts, calendar and email all integrated in one program that syncs flawlessly with the Treo is a nice thing.

I really want to dump anything from the dark side whenever I get a chance, and am a huge fan of everything Apple. I love the .Mac concept and would love to use it to its fullest. But I also have work to do, people to email/call etc and the Apple suite just aint' there yet. But the new browser, "Safari" ROCKS!
    I initially liked the idea of using the built-in address book and iCal, but unless i missed something, iSync cannot handle two users like Palm Desktop.

I found this out when I synced my wife's visor, and she got all my contacts!

And yes...SAFARI ROCKS!!!!

Michael