Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering how many have recieved credit from sprint for purchasing TREOSMS? And how did they go about doing it? Another question, on my girlfriends A500 she can get AIM for free through a website. So in the near future when vision supports AIM do you think we can get reimbursed for it? Here is the link that says AIM is coming soon.
    AIM coming
    interesting. i use AIM all the time and now it's 'coming soon'? it works great on the 300. only thing i notice at this site, which is cool, is it says they will have alerts. i suppose this means if someone msgs you, you will get an sms msg letting you know.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    If you use Verichat, you get SMS alerts if you don't have the app open, and it works perfectly with AIM, Yahoo and MSN IMs. Don't care about "coming soon"!
    Originally posted by Bagbklyn
    I was wondering how many have recieved credit from sprint for purchasing TREOSMS? And how did they go about doing it?

<snip>

AIM coming
    I got a $30 credit; $20 for Treo300SMS and $10 for my trouble. After CS telling me that incoming/outgoing SMS (short-mail) doesn't work with the Treo 300, I calmly explained the included instruction manual states otherwise. CS suggested I buy Treo300SMS. I calmly explained that it should be Sprint's responsibility to provide functionality as advertised (manual). CS agreed and provided the credit on the spot. I think you have to "*****" a little bit to get the credit but I didn't have a problem.
  5.    #5  
    Just an update I called sprint at CSR put me on hold and came back and said it was handsprings fault not sprints and that I should email or call handspring. So I calmly told him that I'm not paying handspring for my data service am I, and that on page 52 of the instruction manual clearly states "sms provided for customers who subscribe to pcs vision" and the $10 for vision clearly states SMS which sprint is not providing which is false advertising, at this point I was getting mad and he could hear it in my voice. He put me on hold for another 2 minutes came back and said that on my next months bill I will see a credit for $20. I think everyone that purchased TREOSMS should call sprint and get there credit, and don't get off the phone until you do. Sprint isn't living up to there end so they should credit everyone the $20. Thanks Maniac8888
    Is there anyway to do this by email? I'd rather not be on the phone with Sprint CS for god knows how long...
    Thanks to this discussion thread I called SprintPCS customer service and asked for a $20 credit for having to purchase TreoSMS. I wasn't bold enough to ask for an extra $10 for my troubles. The agent easily agreed to honor my request and told me that there would be a $20 credit on my next bill. Given my prior experience with Sprint this seemed too easy.

Has anyone actually received the credit on their statement yet?
    anyone else get credit, what did you say when clarie answered??

99% of the reps dont know anything about the treo so theres no hope,
  9.    #9  
    I said what I always say, cancellatation and insist on getting or ask to speak to someone higher then them. Watch how quick they find a resolution to your problem and credit your account the $20.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    interesting. i use AIM all the time and now it's 'coming soon'? it works great on the 300. only thing i notice at this site, which is cool, is it says they will have alerts. i suppose this means if someone msgs you, you will get an sms msg letting you know.
    I saw an interesting anecdote on another tech site concerning AIM and SMS.

Auto Responder Hell

I signed up for the service and enjoyed it for a few days, however I just came across this gaping bug in it: My friend sent me a message right before she got offline. AIM to her responded with the auto-response saying that the message was forwarded to my cell phone. That response went to her cell phone, since she got offline after sending me the message. Naturally, AIM responded to my cell phone saying that my auto-response was forwarded to her phone...which made AIM respond back to her phone saying her auto-response was forward to my phone. Pretty much an infinite loop...
    Thanks for the tip! I called and got myself the $20 credit for the treo300sms purchase. In my case when I bought my Treo last Oct. the 2nd level tech support I talked with said that Treo will have new software for 2-way SMS on 11/15/2002. Since that never happened and it was written in my account notes that I did talk with them about this they gave me the $20 credit. The 2nd level tech I talked with this time did confirm that they are working on an update for the Treo to give it 2-way SMS. He said there has been so many delays/problems in releasing this update that he now has no idea when it will come, if ever.
    im on now, she has NO CLUE WHAT sms means she looked it up on google,

she said sorry it cannot do it and the treo does not support pcs vision, they are very sorry and will split the cost of it with me $10,
    they continued to tell me the treo does no support any form of vision service, ring tones and or games

I am now on hold waiting for a manager, she says I went out on my own and bought the app so they should not have to pay anything
    iill keep this posted as i am still on hold.

rule for the future get a pocket pc and dont bother getting credit for treoo300sms
    just got off the phone, 40 minutes later

ok yea I got $20 credit but spent the time I could have billed out at $60 an hour. I had to speak to 3 people and wait on hold for an eternity.

forget about getting credit . . not worth it at all
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Sprint and they said they had a manager's meeting yesterday about the SMS problem. He said he couldn't give me the $19.95 but could credit me $8.50!?!? What??? Very inconsistent. I see a few people have gotten the $20 but I was not offered that option.

Bummer
    Well it seems that the SMS issue is mounting as more of us demand outgoing SMS function or the credit for buying software at our own discretion (for which I feel no company should feel responsible, but if they want to issue credit...I'll take it).
    When I called Sprint I was on hold for 7 minutes and first settled a billing issue then stated I was dissapointed that the treo was not able to send SMS. The rep was very nice and said he agreed, but could not find any advertizing for the treo 300 that specifically said the treo 300 could send text messasges. Everything he or I was able to find just said "...receive text messages...". In fact a lot of the info states that there are programs available to allow outgoing SMS. The rep said since this is clearly stated and he can find no direct reference to the treo being able to SEND SMS, he is not obligated to issue the credit...BUT since I spend a lot on my bill each month, he would issue a $20 credit.
    SO...it seems as if they feel they are in the clear and arent obligated to refund the money we chose to spend, but they may feel "nice" and do it.
  16.    #16  
    That is the worse part about sprint inconsistency. Some other things that you guys can try is to tell them that since you are getting not your full vision service you shouldn't be paying vision prices. Instead of paying $10 they should only charge us half. I know something leagally can be done because this is false advertising. There is a SMS App on the treo to get sms you have to by a 3rd party app which is not stated in the manual or on this site. If sprint couldn't provide sms through there system then they should have never put it in the manual. You would be suprised what happens when you call back and get a different CSR. Some are knowledgeable a lot are not. Call back and raise a fit. The contract we signed up for states vision which includes SMS they are not living up to there part of the contract why should we live up to ours. Just my 2 cents. I guess I can say this because I received my credit already.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dukdukgoos
    Is there anyway to do this by email? I'd rather not be on the phone with Sprint CS for god knows how long...
    I just sent them an email asking about this, and the guy who responded told me to install Eudora?! Am I missing some hidden SMS capability in Eudora, or was his answer just way off base?
    Never use the e-mail support "feature." The response will at best amuse you and at worst baffle you into having an aneurism. I think they have the proverbial room full of monkeys typing the answers there.

Oh, and to answer your question, Eudora can't do anything with shortmail.

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Yeah, email was a mistake... I just didn't feel like being on the phone for an hour... but, after the reply I got, I decided to call them. After holding for about 40 minutes and being transferred three times, I finally got a supervisor in tech support, who insisted that I take the phone to a store to have it tested. I kept telling him that it wasn't just my phone, that it was all Treo's, and he finally confessed that he wasn't familiar with the Treo. How is tech support supposed to provide support then?? I guess I'll have to find time to take it to a store.

Someone please tell me that Verizon is going to carry the Treo 600.
    after reading this post, i decided to give sprint a call, since i had a lot of time on my hand and I wanted to get the functionality of the SMS feature of my treo working..

the rep i spoke with told me that we can, indeed, send SMS.. but you have to access your blazer to go through your sprintpcs.com website and get into the my planner that says "Send text message"... the problem is it only works with SprintPCS phones.

It took about two hours to talk to the lady and after several attempt to work thought the step by step instructions she gave me on how to respond to an SMS, she told me next month she will give me a 50% credit off my next month's bill. Provided that I install the TreoSMS on my Treo.

I guess I got a pretty good deal.. i think...
    talking to sprint can be a pain, or a torture, but if you want to get what you're asking for, get it. persist until you actually reaches a dead end..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast