1.    #1  
    To all hack programmers here is what I would LOVE ... it seems like it would be easy, but I dunno.

> A setting that will allow me to select the default view of the Phone App.

Currently it always defaults to Speed Dial... I desperately need it to default to the Dial Pad. I know I can dial using the keyboard, however when driving those keys are too small... using the Dial Pad works great but I need to hit that REALLY SMALL icon at the bottom left to bring it up... again very difficult while navigating LA traffic.

I see hacks for all sorts of Treo issues -- turning the radio on and off at specific time, skinning the Phone App, Buttons-T ... someone please take this one!

-Serp.
    Originally posted by Serpico
    To all hack programmers here is what I would LOVE ... it seems like it would be easy, but I dunno.

> A setting that will allow me to select the default view of the Phone App.

Currently it always defaults to Speed Dial... I desperately need it to default to the Dial Pad. I know I can dial using the keyboard, however when driving those keys are too small... using the Dial Pad works great but I need to hit that REALLY SMALL icon at the bottom left to bring it up... again very difficult while navigating LA traffic.

I see hacks for all sorts of Treo issues -- turning the radio on and off at specific time, skinning the Phone App, Buttons-T ... someone please take this one!

-Serp.
    Why not just hit the phone button again? It cycles through all the views in the phone app.
  3.    #3  
    Yea, it does. I guess I'm just looking for an instant remedy -- one less step/button/process ... add a little laziness to that as well.

-Serp
    very difficult while navigating LA traffic
    For the sake of everyone else around you, don't dial when you're driving.
    I would second that request - especially a hack where you can default to the dial history list. I end up calling the same people 80% of the time...

-Tobias
    Originally posted by tobiasr
    I would second that request - especially a hack where you can default to the dial history list. I end up calling the same people 80% of the time...

-Tobias
    So why not put them on the speedial? That's what it's for, after all.