1.    #1  
    I have found that both ebay and etrade have pqa's which make access to their sites much easier than the standard browser access. Perhaps other can share useful PQA's they know of.
    No PQA is useful if it doesn't work. I've got the four (or is it five?) Palm wireless apps on my Treo, but all I get is an Unable-to-Connect-to-Server error ("Inet 1410") when I try to invoke a PQA. Maybe I need some Magic Connect-to-PQA-Server Pixie Dust to sprinkle on my Treo. Yes, I'm aware that various threads here have discussed PQA issues. Been there, tried that, didn't help.

Oddly enough, entering "www.etrade.com" into Blazer gets me a very kludgy, but still usable, WAP application apparently designed for accessing E*Trade accounts from cell phones. Entering "us.etrade.com/e/t/home" into Blazer will get you the regular E*trade web site. which isn't particularly useful because of the Treo's display limitations and Blazer's lack of Java support. For instance, I can log on to the regular E*trade site with Blazer but can't log off - Java required for the latter.
    It really depends on where you are. I live on the far west end of Long Island in Rockaway and my server connections are spotty at best. At work, about 17 miles away in western Nassau County, the connection is super fast and always available. The PQA's that I find useful are" Atomica. Baseball Encyclopedia, Britannica, Directory Assistant,iShopnChef,LIRR schedules,MobileWeb,Moviefone,PDA schedule(for sports), Shamash Kosher Restaurant Finder, Shul Finder,and USA Today.
    CBS Sportsline also/

Bruce in Belle Harbor
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by dwphillips
    No PQA is useful if it doesn't work. I've got the four (or is it five?) Palm wireless apps on my Treo, but all I get is an Unable-to-Connect-to-Server error ("Inet 1410") when I try to invoke a PQA. Maybe I need some Magic Connect-to-PQA-Server Pixie Dust to sprinkle on my Treo. Yes, I'm aware that various threads here have discussed PQA issues. Been there, tried that, didn't help.

Oddly enough, entering "www.etrade.com" into Blazer gets me a very kludgy, but still usable, WAP application apparently designed for accessing E*Trade accounts from cell phones. Entering "us.etrade.com/e/t/home" into Blazer will get you the regular E*trade web site. which isn't particularly useful because of the Treo's display limitations and Blazer's lack of Java support. For instance, I can log on to the regular E*trade site with Blazer but can't log off - Java required for the latter.
    I couldn't get it to work unitl I read jschaff's post. with the key item being to reset theP address to default. Give it a try as follows:

1. Install the pqa files.
    2. Install webclipping for system 3.5 NOT 4.1 or 5.0.
    3. Soft reset, pin in the hole
    4. Make sure you are connected to the Sprint network, push the top button till it says "Welcome to Sprint"
    5. Go to Prefs
    6. Pull down the top right menu and go to "Wireless"
    7. Tap and highlight the IP address, DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING NOW.
    8. Tap "Default" and it will put in another IP address.
    9. Close out of this screen now.
    10. Go to any pqa file and have fun.

T
    The drop-down menu on my "System/Prefs" screen doesn't have a "Wireless" item on my Treo. It does have a "Network" item, but the resulting screen doesn't have anything about the IP address.

I wouldn't claim that someone who sees a "Wireless" item under "System/Prefs" on their Treo is delusional, so I must be missing some file that adds the "Wireless" item and screen. MyMy1, if you're still there, what are the names and file SIZES (file dates are unreliable) of the four (or five?) apps you installed to enable web clipping? Is the "webclipping" that you refer to different from the "pqa files" you also refer to?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by dwphillips
    The drop-down menu on my "System/Prefs" screen doesn't have a "Wireless" item on my Treo. It does have a "Network" item, but the resulting screen doesn't have anything about the IP address.

I wouldn't claim that someone who sees a "Wireless" item under "System/Prefs" on their Treo is delusional, so I must be missing some file that adds the "Wireless" item and screen. MyMy1, if you're still there, what are the names and file SIZES (file dates are unreliable) of the four (or five?) apps you installed to enable web clipping? Is the "webclipping" that you refer to different from the "pqa files" you also refer to?
    Wireless v1.0 8k
    Inet Library v 3.2 43k
    Web Library v3.2 77k

Not sure if there were other files and the original zip is at home.
    Well I have tried several times and for some reason this board is not allowing me to attach the Magic Zip file necessary to operate PQAs on your Treo but the following link will direct you to another board where the file is available for download.

Webclipping made possible

And for the record the 2 PQAs that I cannot live without are Moviefone and 555-1212. Those are 2 utilities I cannot live without.

Kimberly
    Can someone point me to a primer about PQA's? I've searched on Google, this site, and other Palm sites, everything seems to assume you know what a PQA is.

- Rich
    Palm Query Application--originally designed for use with the Palm VII and the like.

Basically they are just short cuts to various applications like movie searches, package tracking and telephone directories. You have to have access to an internet connection thru your Palm device or a smartphone. Once you download a PQA you will have an icon on your palm application page and by tapping it, you have access to the information immediately instead of having to load a browser page and search for the applicable link.

Best explaination I know...anyone else?

Kimberly
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks for resubmitting my directions. I am glad that they worked for someone else.

The Wireless option will not show up in the pull down menu until after the webclipping foursome has been installed.
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    Originally posted by jschaff
    The Wireless option will not show up in the pull down menu until after the webclipping foursome has been installed.
    After installing those libraries I didn't do a thing but launch the PQAs and~~viola, they worked.

Kimberly
    Last edited by nchargreed; 01/02/2003 at 04:26 PM.
    Originally posted by nchargreed

And for the record the 2 PQAs that I cannot live without are Moviefone and 555-1212. Those are 2 utilities I cannot live without.

Kimberly
    I use Directory Assistant as the Phone/Address Info pqa - it has a nice interface, the ability to save searches, plus u can get driving directions and maps really easy
    Kayden...THANKS!

That PQA blows 555-1212 out of the water!

Kimberly
    No problem Kimberly...

By the way, Amazon Anywhere

and Travelocity

are 2 other of my favorite pqa's...
    Whever I try to us DA I get a Fatal error...memorymgr.c,line :430, NULL handle.........any idea how to correct this....
    Originally posted by bashment
    Whever I try to us DA I get a Fatal error...memorymgr.c,line :430, NULL handle.........any idea how to correct this....
    have you installed all the webclipping files, reset, and set the ip to default? not resetting has gotten me into a mess with these errors in the past...
    Assuming you have all the files installed properly, and you're still getting that error, I'd try just uninstalling and reinstalling the da.prc. That error kept happening to me recently, and a reinstall worked.