1.    #1  
    I have to be fair and give credit where its due. A few days ago while I was talking on my Treo , one of the 2 bullet type cylinders that hold the lid just cracked. The Treo kept working but without incoming sound as the lid was just hanging loose from one of the thin wires that go to the speaker and the other had cut off. This was on the weekend and I was having nightmares thinking of the repair delay with the Holidays and all.
    Nothing farther from the truth. On Monday I walked into my local Sprint store. The rep looked at my Treo, said "I've seen this happen before" and no questions asked, proceeded to exchange it for a brand spankin new one. The whole thing took about 20 minutes. Kudos to Sprint for great customer service (can't say the same about Claire though).
    My display went bad and I started losing pixels. I went to the sprint store, the looked at it and said that they'd never seen that before. Nonetheless, the replaced it on the spot. Now, I'm using a brand new treo 300.
    Did you guys have the $4/mo replacement policy, or what? I bought mine from Amazon and it's still working great, but I've got the $4/mo thing and just wondering if that's required to get service at a Sprint store like that.
    No. I didn't have a replacement policy. I bought mine from the sprint store, and I have their cheapest unlimited data plan. I think with the Treo's they just send them in to be refurbished. I don't believe they know how to do anything to them. They told me that they could even replace a battery in a treo.
    Originally posted by pgrosby
    I have to be fair and give credit where its due. A few days ago while I was talking on my Treo , one of the 2 bullet type cylinders that hold the lid just cracked. The Treo kept working but without incoming sound as the lid was just hanging loose from one of the thin wires that go to the speaker and the other had cut off. This was on the weekend and I was having nightmares thinking of the repair delay with the Holidays and all.
    Nothing farther from the truth. On Monday I walked into my local Sprint store. The rep looked at my Treo, said "I've seen this happen before" and no questions asked, proceeded to exchange it for a brand spankin new one. The whole thing took about 20 minutes. Kudos to Sprint for great customer service (can't say the same about Claire though).
    I've tried to replace my treo 3 times at a sprint store with no luck. Once they find out I got it from Amazon, they tell me to go back to Amazon for help.
    how did they findout?
    Originally posted by quake8
    how did they findout?
    Honesty is the best policy, isn't it? Or how about "what an entangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".
    David
    Wow, Im really jealous of your Sprint experience. I had the identical problem with my 25 day old Treo, and my local sprint store told me they couldnt do anything about it. After 2-3 hours of phone calls with sprint corprate, I was able to get a $300 credit for a new phone - but that's it. Handspring told me that the problem is common and that sprint should replace it - but no such luck on my end. Very upsetting situation.

Anyway, now I have 2 Treos - one of which has a cracked cover hinge, so can be touch to use as a phone without the earpiece. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do with it? Think it would have any value on Ebay???
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Email me. I do not even want to use mine as a phone at all. Let's make a deal.

jschaffer@usa.net
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net