1.    #1  
    From a Palm V to a Treo 300 I sync'd both units (via a PC). By pressing the phone button I first get the Speed Dial list then Phone dialer then Contact list.

What is the difference between the Speed Dial list and Contacts? I moved all my Contacts from my Palm V to the Treo and still use the Contacts as my primary source of information. What does the Speed Dial list do for me? If it is basically the same can I get rid of the Speed Dial app? Why do I need both?
    You cannot get rid of the speedial screen. What it does is allow you to quickly dial a subset of your contact set. Assign some people to the speedial screen and test it out.
  3.    #3  
    Is there a way to dump all the Contact info into Speed Dial?
    Originally posted by Szigs
    Is there a way to dump all the Contact info into Speed Dial?
    There are only 50 speed Dial slots - 10 on a page and 5 pages.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    actually, in effect the speed dial page is your contacts list. When the speed dial page is up just start typing a name and you will be taken to the contacts list.
    The Speed Dial list is only convenient for me for the first 10 contacts. It's easier for me to type in the first two letters of a contact than to access the third page of my Speed Dial list.

JT
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to get to the 2nd through 5th speed dial pages other than pulling the stylus out or using your finger?

As to the names, what you say is true, but then you have to scroll down to the number you need within the contact. If it is the first one on your list, terrific, but if not, then there are still more keystrokes for the contacts than for the speed dial.
    Originally posted by paz5559
    Is there anyway to get to the 2nd through 5th speed dial pages other than pulling the stylus out or using your finger? . . .
    YES, ROLL THE JOG DIAL UP.

Regards,
    NateS

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    OK, for the record, this is why I love this board! That is a GREAT tidbit, Nate - thank you SO much.

Are there other uses for the jog dial? (yes, I know i can push it in to redial the last call made, but I am looking for uses other than that).
    Originally posted by NateS

BTW, that's in the manual....
    Originally posted by sbcrair

BTW, that's in the manual....
    But talking to each other here on the forum, and passing tips back and forth, is a lot more fun than sitting down alone and hitting the manual every time, don't you think?

Regards,

NateS
    Originally posted by NateS

Regards,
    NateS

I can also us the up button at the bottom middle of the phone. I find that to be even easier than using the jog. Both work though, use what you like. They only work if you actually have contacts saved on the 2nd page of the speed dial list. If you don't have any, pushing up does nothing.