1.    #1  
    Hi. I want to copy all my contacts from my T-Mobile simm (which I removed from a Nokia 5190) to the Treo (180) Contacts list. The Treo software only allows the copy to the Speed-dial list, but not to the contacts. Any software you know that will do this, or allow me to synch the simm data to Outlook or PalmDesktop?

TIA
    -Nat
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Originally posted by natgross
    Hi. I want to copy all my contacts from my T-Mobile simm (which I removed from a Nokia 5190) to the Treo (180) Contacts list. The Treo software only allows the copy to the Speed-dial list, but not to the contacts. Any software you know that will do this, or allow me to synch the simm data to Outlook or PalmDesktop?

TIA
    -Nat

Nat, this is well known issue - (and big problem for people who are migration from regular mobile phone to Treo).
    I was searching for solution, but I haven't found any usefull solution.

The only workaround it to use desktop program (if you have one for your Nokia) and copy the numbers in plain text and than import it to Outlook.

Regards, Kreso
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.
    What type of 'desktop program' are you referring to as the workaround?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    With my old Nokia 6150, I used "Nokia Data Suite" to connect Nokia phone to PC via infrared port.

Data Suite (as far as I remeber) also allows to copy SIM phonebook to PC. I don't remember which format it supported but I guess CSV or some similar ASCII format should be supported. Than it's pretty easy to get your phonebook imported in MS Outlook.

DataSuite can be downloaded from http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/software/5190

Kreso
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Palm Desktop supports CSV too.
  6.    #6  
    The link to Nokia, talks about an upgrade to the data suite. I guess I would need to buy the original data suite first, and also a usb cable. I think that would cost more than $100.00, a bit too steep for just one-time use. I'm willling to spend about 40-50 bucks to get the data over and hopefully retain a useful program that I can later use on the Treo.

As far as Palm Desktop supporting CSV, the question is how to get the SIMM data over from the Treo to the Desktop.

Thank you all
    -Nat