1.    #1  
    As a Blackberry refugee, I'm still unable to figure out how to replicate one of it's capabilities on the Treo. I used to be able to get CNN news alerts on the blackberry. Can't figure out how to do it on the Treo because the registration process requires that I confirm registration by replying to an email.

To be clear, I want to get these alerts via SMS. I have Treo300sms installed, the problem is not that I can't send sms, the problem is that there is no reply feature and the msg I receive has no address in the body, only a request to reply.

There must be someway for me to workaround this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    If you're a Sprint user, the SMS e-mail address is (phone number)@messaging.sprintpcs.com .
    This may not be what you want, but you can use your sprintpcs email address to receive the news alerts, then configure your email settings to send you an SMS telling you to check mail.

Alternatively, I have read that some of the email programs, Snapper, I think, automatically poll for email periodically which is not true push but a close approximation.

As far as I know, Sprint and the Treo300 do not yet support the same degree of push the way Blackberry does. I hope I am wrong.
    go to the yahoo mobile site and there you can sign up for new alerts, and other kinds of alerts just using your phone number...and all alerts are pushed via sms to you...i've been using it a while and it works very well.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks all. I'm gonna give the Yahoo alerts a try. That seems like the simplest solution. Goodbye Blackberry, you served me well.