Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I purchased the Verichat 1 year service today for $24.95. In doing so they mention that "Service for first year is free". To me this interprets as you get the first year free and the 2nd year is what you paid the $24.95 for. Well I got the license and sure enough it says it expires on December 29, 2003.

I sent PDAPPS an email to explain why they advertise "Service for first year is free" and only grant you one year. Why do they advertise this incorrect information. Below is what they said...

"You get free service up to Dec 29, 2003, which is one year. After that you need to pay an yearly service charge to use our server service." This to me makes no sense.

Dont get me wrong Im completely satisfied with Verichat and am willing to pay the $24.95 regardless. Just dont think its fair and its false advertisement to say "service for first year is free" when in fact its not. Thats my opinion. Anyone else agree or disagree???????

Miguel
    Happy New Year!

Link to PDAPPS Verichat License purchase. http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/verichat_real.html#
    Last edited by damigs; 12/31/2002 at 05:42 PM.
    It clearly says that the $24.95 is for the license and activation--and that the service for the first year on that plan is free.

The $49.95 option merely allows for service for as long as they plan to support the product, as well as the license for the software and activation.

Right now, users can get a demo license for free (you know when it beeps you with the 5 digit code?), and 15 days of service for free.

I think either plan right now is a bargain--and irregardless of how long they're around and supporting this product (proxy servers and whatnot), I'm going to send in my chunk of change.

Sure, I wish I knew how much each subsequent year was--as well as when ICQ support will be offered. However, if I take the time waiting for this product, the time (and money) trying and failing with the other products, how much I make per hour, and how unbelievably awesome this software makes my Treo300--above and beyond its normal state--it still equates to less than a 5 second decision in my head to go ahead and purchase...

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I understand the confusion now. the $24.95 is for software and activation, and it includes the first year service (which is *FREE*). Anyhow im perfectly happy with this software and I agree with what you wrote about turning my Treo300 into something it never was.

Enjoy everyone!!
    Happy New Year!

Miguel
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I understand the confusion now. the $24.95 is for software and activation, and it includes the first year service (which is *FREE*). Anyhow im perfectly happy with this software and I agree with what you wrote about turning my Treo300 into something it never was.

Enjoy everyone!!
    Happy New Year!

Miguel
    hocus703:
    each subsequent year is 19.95. says so clearly in the purchase and service agreement.
    As long as we're on topic of cost...

What are the per-SMS-message-charge implications of using VeriChat? Not sure if this question applies to Treo300, as I have Treo180 on T-mobile.

Will I get charged an incoming SMS message for each line of chat someone sends me? That could add up in a big way, given that incoming SMS costs 5 cents per message (beyond first 50 free).
    with sprint theres unlimited msgs SMS and web based right???
    Originally posted by quake8
    with sprint theres unlimited msgs SMS and web based right???
    Yes. I would give the same response if you only used one question mark.
    Originally posted by spittle
    As long as we're on topic of cost...

What are the per-SMS-message-charge implications of using VeriChat? Not sure if this question applies to Treo300, as I have Treo180 on T-mobile.

Will I get charged an incoming SMS message for each line of chat someone sends me? That could add up in a big way, given that incoming SMS costs 5 cents per message (beyond first 50 free).
    It would seem to me that each incoming IM when not active in Verichat counts as one incoming SMS. Each "quick reply" (replying when not in the application) is one outgoing SMS. Apply your plan's pricing structure to get an answer.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    It would seem to me that each incoming IM when not active in Verichat counts as one incoming SMS. Each "quick reply" (replying when not in the application) is one outgoing SMS. Apply your plan's pricing structure to get an answer.
    In standby mode, incoming messages arrive via SMS. "Quick Replys" in standby mode currently use GPRS/3G/CSD data and not SMS, in the next release you will have the option of using either data or SMS for "Quick Replys" in standby mode.

PDAapps
    Originally posted by PDAapps

In standby mode, incoming messages arrive via SMS. "Quick Replys" in standby mode currently use GPRS/3G/CSD data and not SMS, in the next release you will have the option of using either data or SMS for "Quick Replys" in standby mode.

PDAapps
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I use a 300 which doesn't have real outgoing SMS and therefore really didn't know.