1.    #1  
    To get IM functionality that is always on you have to pay $45. $20 for Treo300SMS and $25 for Verichat. Quite steep, eh?

Oh, and $25 gets you a year of service on Verichat. $50 will get you a lifetime of service.

I guess I should probably say I paid $50 for a lifetime of service. Now I shoudl start exercising so I can get my money's worth.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    To get IM functionality that is always on you have to pay $45. $20 for Treo300SMS and $25 for Verichat. Quite steep, eh?

Oh, and $25 gets you a year of service on Verichat.
    I think Verichat is worth $25 (2.50 of month) to have functionality that did not exist for the Treo prior to Verichat. I am constantly sending SMS msgs and im msgs, so I am willing to pay for this technology until something better comes out.

However, if you seldom use SMS and rarely IM then it will probably be steep for some.

I too need to get my typing speed increased
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by smithj41

I think Verichat is worth $25 (2.50 of month) to have functionality that did not exist for the Treo prior to Verichat.
    Obviously I do too.

Actually, I wonder how much of the price was driven by overwhelmingly positive and at times fanatical comments on the part of the Treo community? I bet they released the product before setting pricing for exactly that reason. Oh well. I don't mind rewarding people who do great work.
    Treo300SMS is not required for VeriChat. It was only required in the first couple betas and later they rolled all that functionality into VeriChat.

So, $25 an year, really reasonable.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by pete123
    Treo300SMS is not required for VeriChat. It was only required in the first couple betas and later they rolled all that functionality into VeriChat.

Oh really? Well crap. Oh well. It is quite reasonable, you are right.

I just wonder now how many people purchased Treo300SMs for the purpose of using Verichat

Sidebar: Go Bucks!!!
    Tangent: Go Bucks!!!
    It really irks me that you guys are all enjoying what sounds like a great product while us ICQ users have nothing to use Hopefully they will release an update for us ICQ users SOON! It would be a nice New Year's present!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    why buy varichat

no nags yet, seems to be free
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by quake8
    why buy varichat

no nags yet, seems to be free
    It will (supposedly) expire 15 days after you install it.
    I'm sure they'll just shut off a non-payed phone at the server side. No nag screens necessary.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    It really irks me that you guys are all enjoying what sounds like a great product while us ICQ users have nothing to use Hopefully they will release an update for us ICQ users SOON! It would be a nice New Year's present!
    Some of us beta testers have version 1.5beta which has ICQ support.. So a public release should be on its way.

Spiderman
    That is the best news I've heard in a long while. Thanks for the update - hopefully the ICQ support is coming soon. Happy New Year!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    after reading this post initially, i thought argghh... those bastards! how dare they rob us like that!! just because we can all afford upwards of up to 500 clams for this mini supercomputer doesn't mean we should pay a recurring service fee for some program!!! but then again... they did just respond to an email within minutes of a minor fix i requested for verichat. they said, will fix this bug shortly. these guys are committed. pdaapps to the treo is like shakespeare to... a... literature or plays... or something. anyway, you get my point. these guys have dramatically improved the usefullness of my (and many other i'm sure) treo. i'd donate my leftern most toenail clipping to these guys (or gladly pay a monthly fee!) thanx pdaapps!!

p.s. i'm beginning to get jealous because my treo is starting to call out your guys' ("pdaaaaaaaaaaahhhpps!") name during...

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    You say that Verichat does not meed TreoSMS to function.

I sent an IM with Vchat to someone who was AWAY at the time. Then I closed Vchat. Later I came back to my phone to see that I had received a reply as an SMS. And I was offered the option to reply as a chat right there on the SMS screen.

Does this not seem like these two are linked somehow?

How do you say that Vchat does not need TreoSMS to work?

Thanks
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    yeah if you have treo300sms you can reply "right then and there". if not just tap "chat" to take you to verichat and you can chat there just as easily!
    What this means is that all the Treo300SMS functionality required by verichat has been merged into the VeriChat binary, and even if you delete Treo300SMS you will still be able to reply from the dialog box.

Remember, they made Treo300SMS, and can bundle parts of it with their application.

Treo300SMS is useful in its own way, as with VeriChat you cannot really send SMS to a phone number and you cannot receive SMS destined to your phone. These are the additions that Treo300SMS provides.

Hope this makes sense..
    so if I buy VeriChat, it includes TreoSMS? Because I do want both.