1. gcs
    Hi,

Just got a Treo 300 for Christmas, and it's excellent, I've just moved up from a Treo 90, and all is well...

Except...

The Treo 90 is MUCH better at navigating with the keyboard than the Treo 300 is! A few examples:

- ToDo app has /N as a menu shortcut to create a new ToDo
    - Memo app has /N as a menu shortcut to create a new Memo
    - You can use the up/down arrow keys to select items in a list (like list of memos or todos) and pressing the space key selects it
    - you can use the arrow keys and space bar in the launcher to select and launch applications

I'm assuming these are all PalmOS 4 related things, is there:

- any way to upgrade to PalmOS4?
    - a hack that will make keyboard navigation better?

I hardly ever used the stylus or tapped the screen on my Treo 90, it's not the case with my Treo 300...

Thanks!
    George
    Originally posted by gcs

- ToDo app has /N as a menu shortcut to create a new ToDo
    - Memo app has /N as a menu shortcut to create a new Memo
    - You can use the up/down arrow keys to select items in a list (like list of memos or todos) and pressing the space key selects it
    - you can use the arrow keys and space bar in the launcher to select and launch applications

I'm assuming these are all PalmOS 4 related things, is there:

- any way to upgrade to PalmOS4?
    - a hack that will make keyboard navigation better?

George
    You realize you can make a new ToDo or Memo simply by typing, right? Just type what you want, and it creates a new entry. You might want to look into TreoKeyboardUtils and PowerJog for Treo.
  3. gcs
    Hi,
    Yeah, I know you can just type, I'm most annoyed by the lack of navigation (selecting items in a list, etc).
    Thanks,
    George
    to answer the other part of the question, it seems from posts on here that it is NOT possible to upgrade the o/s on the treo
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.