Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I need to delete the sprint network info from my treo 300 so that I can program my network's info unto it. I reside out of the US but we use 1900 cdma. When I acces the network preferences I see that it is locked and get a message when I hit modify that says that service has been pre installed and cannot be edited. BS!!! Anyone knows that anything with a chip can be hacked. Please just tell me how. Otherwise I just wasted US$ 400 and returning it is out of question.
    Thanx
    Go to App Launcher, Prefs, and select Network. Next to the "locked" icon is a "modify" button which, if pressed, gives me a warning about the dangers of changing network settings which if you press "ok" unlocks the network settings, at least on mine . . .
    ..not IP network.

I am not sure how to hack that part of it, and I am also not sure that once you do, you would get the desired results. I believe that all of the Data functions expect 1xRTT to be supported at the supplier's site. So even if you did figure out how to hack the phone so that you could change carriers, I doubt that you would have data capabilities (unless you are talking about using the Treo on Verizon). The Treo without data is a pretty lame duck.
    He is referring to the "advanced" section of the network logins. That's the location that is loaded with all of the IP network settings for Vision. It is indeed locked.

I had a problem with my Vision access and the tech support person wanted me to give her the "checksum" value. In order to do this, she gave me the unlock code to my radio. I fortunately wrote it down for future reference.

The unlock code is a 6 digit number. The unit disregards any attempt to put in a alpha character.

Perhaps if you call Sprint tech support, they would look up your account and give you the unlock code?!?!?! It's worth a try!
    I would need a bit more info. Can you describe what you are wanting to change (hack). Maybe if you let us know what it is you need to change.
    yes tell us... oh do tell us. as i work for the fcc and would be very interested to know how to BREA A FEDERAL LAW.
    "BREAK"
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Maybe if you try to PROVISION the phone it will pick up the new network instead a nonexistent Sprint network.
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    Originally posted by 003oret
    yes tell us... oh do tell us. as i work for the fcc and would be very interested to know how to BREA A FEDERAL LAW.
    And which law would that be?
    David
    Originally posted by mdupuy
    I just wasted US$ 400 and returning it is out of question.
    Thanx
    You could sell it on ebay. Surely your carrier will offer other options such as the kyo 7135 or samsung i500. Or, if you have gsm in the area, there's also the treo 270.
    David
    1223.04 united states of america- look it up.
    Also known as US CODE TITLE 16 CHAPTER 73 Sec. 5301.

And which law would that be?
    As I could really give a sh*t enough to look up the U.S. Code that you are referring to, perhaps you could stop being such an irritating bureaucrat and paraphrase it for us. I find it doubtful that an individual cannot change their phone from carrier to carrier as I did frequently when I used GSM. That said, please be polite and useful and give usable information like a good public servant should (assuming you are who you say you are) . Besides, the original poster isn't an American citizen and resides outside the States. Do foreign nations fall under the FCC's jurisdiction now? Additionally, the Federal Courts have upheld that the public exchange of "hacking" information is Constitutionally protected. No Federal enforcement agency in their right mind would prosecute.

My 2
    To Mr. FCC. I dont think anyone is talking about the transmiter. I believe we are talking about hacking the software. But I am sure that you have some other US Code numbers you wana toss at me.
    Someone help I cant stop shaking. To Mr. FCC. I dont think anyone is talking about the transmiter. I believe we are talking about hacking the software. But I am sure that you have some other US Code numbers you wana toss at me.
    to help stop the shaking, try praying to jesus and as for more codes: Finish the dinner I've cooked for you and maybe... maybe I'll serve you desert.

p.s. the hills have eyes.
    As I could really give a sh*t enough to look up the U.S. Code that you are referring to, perhaps you could stop being such an irritating bureaucrat and paraphrase it for us. I find it doubtful that an individual cannot change their phone from carrier to carrier as I did frequently when I used GSM. That said, please be polite and useful and give usable information like a good public servant should (assuming you are who you say you are) . Besides, the original poster isn't an American citizen and resides outside the States. Do foreign nations fall under the FCC's jurisdiction now? Additionally, the Federal Courts have upheld that the public exchange of "hacking" information is Constitutionally protected. No Federal enforcement agency in their right mind would prosecute.

Oh I forgot it's you who sign my checks Mr. "Bootyrooter" or whatever you refer to yourself as on this board. My allegiance is to the fighting pilots of naganawa and my country.
    Let's respect others on this board (I am saying this to both sides). If you all cannot keep your cool, I will gladly close this thread.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I am not going to lash back at Mr. FCC as he is cooking me food. I know I will go mod a transmiter and start my own radio station. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL. P.S. I love my treo300 and this site.
    Let's respect others on this board (I am saying this to both sides). If you all cannot keep your cool, I will gladly close this thread.
    thank you kindly miradu... did you here that bootyrooter?
    Let me get this straight. You bought a $400 phone in the US, that you knew doesnt work in your country, and you want to try to hack it via information you get off the internet.
    Hmmmm........rrrrrriiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhttttt.
    Its not just a software issue. Even if your country uses CDMA Im fairly certain the radio frequency will be different, as most countries chop up "their" airwaves how they want.

And why would the FCC give a horses patoot what a person does to their phone when he's in another country? Is this all a part of the world wide government invasion of privacy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast