1.    #1  
    Just got my Jabra headset also -- a little upset that very few PC Cards are supporting the "Headset Profile" returning my Belkin and going to get a TDK Bluetooth PC Card for my laptop to be able to use my headset with my PC voice recognition and TAPI phone software at work.

But back to my original problem my headset port on my Treo 300 appears to be damaged -- my Jabra gives a loud hum when connected that blocks out almost all sound when trying to check my voicemail at work it recorded it and was even louder for the recipient. I tried using my Jabra set on my desk phone has a headset jack and worked flawlessly.

So is my Treo shot and I need to go to a sprint store to swap for a new one or what?

BTW: My replacement power adapter died after 1 day of use so I was planning a trip there anyways.

Peter
    Did you get the free speak for the Nokia phones or the standard 2.5mm mini pin?
    It should be a 4 conductor 2.5mm jack that has 3 black bands on it.
  3.    #3  
    No it appers to be the standard 2 ring kind i.e. box said worked on everything but Nokia. Do I need that adapter? Will it not work properly?

CompUSA has a special on them $149 so I picked one up.

Peter
    You need the Nokia unit. Your are exhibiting problems inherent to the non-Nokia unit. Do a search. You will find several posts on this subject.
    Originally posted by pleahy
    No it appers to be the standard 2 ring kind i.e. box said worked on everything but Nokia. Do I need that adapter? Will it not work properly?

CompUSA has a special on them $149 so I picked one up.

Peter
    http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/...1081&listing=1