1.    #1  
    I usually use AfterBurner to overclock my Palm IIIc.

The question is what speed is safe for treo 270? Is 33MHz default speed for treo 270? Can we safely increase the speed to 37MHz or even 40MHz?

Anyone can recommend which program to be used safely to overclock treo 270?
    Originally posted by ryker
    I usually use AfterBurner to overclock my Palm IIIc.

The question is what speed is safe for treo 270? Is 33MHz default speed for treo 270? Can we safely increase the speed to 37MHz or even 40MHz?

AfterBurner is safe but it tends to throw off the Treo's radio so you won't be able to receive calls while it is overclocked.
    Originally posted by ryker

I've tried most Overclocking utilities - the last was ClockupDA which 'allegedly' clocks at 42MHz.

Using the sieve small integer benchmark, I could see absolutely no difference. In fact, I tested memory read/write and again, no diff. Is there something in Treo to stop overclocking? Dunno.

And yes, 33MHz is the default clockspeed for all Treo Communicators.
    Last edited by nzmoko; 12/30/2002 at 04:31 AM.
    What about FastCPU from Megasoft. It tells you the current CPU speed and gives you an upper limit which I think is 48mhq for the Treo 270. It also has a function which can gauge your fastest speed through a test feature but this test can crash the device so backing up is a smart idea.

Have tried it and it looks good.

It even gives you a static colour bar graph to measure the speed of your unit as you change the Mhq

Even though I liked it I deleted it from my device. Don't want to screw the thing up with overclocking.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)