1.    #1  
    Well, my life, and my treo, are now complete. We all know that the purpose of gadgets like the treo are to move us closer to being able to access all the information the well equipped interstellar traveller could ever want or need in a compact package.

This package was neatly described by Douglas Adams as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a nifty electronic device with the comforting words 'Don't Panic' in large friendly letters on the cover.

Thanks to SplashPhoto, which opens in whatever state you last left it, and a little used hard button (in my case, the notepad which i do not often use), i now press this button and my whole screen lights up with the logo from the Hitchhiker's Guide.

I am attaching the file, in appropriate size, for anybody who is interested. Long Live the Guide!

In memory of Douglas Adams.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/29/2002 at 06:55 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Thanks for the fish!
  3.    #3  
    bump
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    Well, my life, and my treo, are now complete. . . my whole screen lights up with the logo from the Hitchhiker's Guide. . .
    What I want to know Aaron, is: How did you break this sudden switch in avatars to your poor dog?

Have you summoned the courage to let man and woman's best friend even know that his 15 minutes of internet fame has come to an abrupt and fickle end?

How could you!

Regards,

NateS
  5.    #5  
    actually nate, i will go back to the dog because she is so cute. but i just thought i would change to the hitchhiker's guide picture so folks would know what it was i had posted.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    actually nate, i will go back to the dog because she is so cute. but i just thought i would change to the hitchhiker's guide picture so folks would know what it was i had posted.
    You shouldn't take me so seriously, Aaron.

Actually, I checked with your dog - she's cool with it!

Regards,

NateS

Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  7.    #7  
    believe me, nate, its not that i am taking you too seriously... i worked hard on that picture with my dog. its a composite, not a single picture, and i love the way it came out.

i just thought it would be neat to show off the hitchhiker's graphic...
    If I mentioned this before, I apologize, but you might want to check out the startup screens and sounds at http://www.ecamm.com/

I'm getting quite a kick out of the StarTrek etc. sounds and the many neat custom startup and shutdown screens for the Treo etc.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!