1. mh8
    I have a new treo 90 and when I installed a 64meg MMC card from my old Mini jam, it first said that the card was unrecognizable and asked me to format it. After formatting the Treo Froze. Now anytime I put the card in the Treo crashes and I need to soft reset to get up again. Does anyone have any advice??
    I believe that the Treo only supports SD cards. If I remember correctly, MMC slots are compatible with SD cards but not the other way around.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tantousha
    If I remember correctly, MMC slots are compatible with SD cards but not the other way around.
    Alex.
    It is the other way around...

1) Many of the "content" cards put out by Palm and other companies are MMCs--the thesaurus, street atlas, e-books, etc.

2) SD cards are slightly thicker than MMCs--maybe enough so that SDs won't fit in MMC slots (I haven't had an opportunity to test that out).
    Nope, I'm pretty sure it is the other way around.
    The beauty and advantage of the SD card over any other form of flash memory so far was the ability to lock the data like floppies. This is the same reason that content media cards hadn't shown up until then. If content was put on a MMC card than someone could delete or copy the data, at least that is what I've read about it.
    I've also heard of a lot of devices (Namely mp3 players like Rio's S50, S10, S35S) That accept MMC cards and also SD cards.

Once again, I've never tested it, but I do know that you can usually use SD cards in place of MMC.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50