1.    #1  
    Has the anybody noticed that when are you're trying to send an SMS message each letter you type is treated as 2 characters !!!

As you reach the maximum of 140 characters, the message is treated as 2 messages and so on ....(if you exceed it 3 messages etc. i.e each message is 140 characters but tryly only 70 typed !!!)

This has a result to be charged double by the provider (VODAFONE)

Have you noticed that ? or it's happening only on my TREO !!

I use the PILOC program which is helping me to change between 2 languages GREEK and ENGLISH.

But when I unistall this program and the device has only ENGLISH the problem remains

Waiting for your comments

Thanks

Christopher
    katris
    Originally posted by katris
    Has the anybody noticed that when are you're trying to send an SMS message each letter you type is treated as 2 characters !!!
    The GSM alphabet is a 7bit one. This means it supports 127 chars (a-z, A-Z, 0-9, commas, semi-commas, colons, @, and a few more). Non-regular characters, like a cedilled c (), accentuated chars, or different charsets (cyrillic, chinese, helenic...) are composed of 2 or more regular chars. My guess is you're using greek characters, so each letter counts as 2 characters. Are you?
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunatelly even when I type english characters the problem is the same. Also if , as I said , uninstall the localization software, the problem remains !!
    Any ideas ?
    I have Arabic Localizer and I'm facing the same problem.

Then, if I want to send an Arabic SMS, I use the Built-in SMS application of the Treo cause it support the localizer, and if I want to send an English one I'm using maxTEXT or FUNsms..

This is the only solution I found till now...