1.    #1  
    Would somebody please look at their Treo and see if it has a blue glow when it is in standby mode (wireless with the phone enabled with nothing on the screen). It's very noticeable on mine in a dark room.

I don't think it had this glow when I first received it, and am afraid that it will harm it eventually (perhaps cause the screen to fade, etc.).

Thank you very much.
    I've noticed this with my Treo 300 also. Just got mine as an xmas present from my wife... searched the forum here, haven't found any threads on the subject.

Seems like the battery would be drained faster because of it...

- Rich
    No blue tint here. If I were you I would replace it right away.
    The blue glow is the backlight staying on after the unit goes to sleep.

I spoke to Sprint tech support, was connected to a level 2 tech, who checked his 300 and agreed the screen backlight should turn off when the unit goes to sleep. He authorized me to swap for a new unit at any local Sprint store, which I did yesterday. New unit doesn't have the problem.

- Rich
    Originally posted by rich_in_houston

I spoke to Sprint tech support, was connected to a level 2 tech, who checked his 300 and agreed the screen backlight should turn off when the unit goes to sleep. He authorized me to swap for a new unit at any local Sprint store, which I did yesterday. New unit doesn't have the problem.
    It's always nice to hear a good Sprint customer service story.
  6.    #6  
    Hi Rich-in-Houston,

Thanks for your reply. It had been baffling me. I also called Tech Support, but the person I spoke to didn't have a unit. He suspected it might be the back light, but did not say that it was defective.

Did you buy your Treo originally from Sprint? I'm wondering, as I didn't, and do not know whether they would exchange mine there.

Thank you.
    My wife purchased it for me from Best Buy, a week or so before xmas. I went to that Best Buy to do the exchange, they handled it with no hassle.

The Sprint tech told me that any Sprint PCS store would be able to do it. I didn't ask to clarify if that included any store which sells Sprint service...

- Rich
    Originally posted by Newbie
    Hi Rich-in-Houston,

Thanks for your reply. It had been baffling me. I also called Tech Support, but the person I spoke to didn't have a unit. He suspected it might be the back light, but did not say that it was defective.

Did you buy your Treo originally from Sprint? I'm wondering, as I didn't, and do not know whether they would exchange mine there.

Thank you.
    I didn't have the same problem you are having with your Treo but I did have to get a new one for other deficiencies. I, like yourself, did not buy from Sprint and my local Sprint store would not do a swap out even though they looked at my Treo and determined that it was defective and less than a month old. However, I purchased mine from Amazon (great rebate deal). I contacted Amazon via email through their website and they replied rather quickly stating they would send a new Treo with a prepaid postage label to pack the old Treo and ship back to them. Received the new Treo in 3 days and have been pleased with my new Treo.

Nick
  9.    #9  
    Thank you, Nick.

I purchased mine at Amazon as well. Hopefully, they will do the same for me, as it is 1 1/2 months since I received mine.