1.    #1  
    I have seen many threads about email, to the point that it was getting confusing.

Does anyone know if email file attachments (like Word or Excel files) can be saved so that they can be viewed programs like Quickoffice Pro?

If not possible, is Aileron the only choice to allow to view these kind of attachments? Unfortunately Snapper does not.

Thanks
    You might try the new mail program at www.2banywhere.com. It handles attachments in an even different way, which might work for you.

Personally, I use Aileron. I like the way it handles attachments. An upgrade is due out next month.

Feel free to e-mail with any questions.

Geoffrey
    Basejet does a very good job with attachments.
    if you don't want the overhead with every single attachment (or if your mail client - like mine, TreoMail doesn't yet support attachments) you can give this lighter-weight solution a try. I have, with much success for the most part.
    Check out www.printeron.net - it's a service that basically allows you to fwd attachments back to yourself as raw text. They also have a faxing service, if you're at a hotel with your Treo and just have to have a hard copy of an e-mail.
    It's not that great for Excel, obviously, but after using both AIleron and Inbox To Go for quite a while, it occurred to me that I didn't really need each and every attachment, just a select few now and then. This works for me - check it out and see what you think...