1.    #1  
    Is there an easy way to disconnect from sprintpcs data connection??

I have been either going to Blazer and in the options choosing disconnect, or turning the phone off and then on again.

I would think that there is an easier way.

thanks,

bruce in Belle Harbor
    How ironic - many others in this forum find it challenging to keep their data connection active, and you want to know how to disconnect. From my recent experience, all you should have to do is wait about 5 or 10 minutes, and it'll inevitably drop on its own.
    Maybe you're a lucky one, and can keep it alive longer.
  3.    #3  
    I guess I'm lucky. BTW, is there an easy waay to disconnect?
    Originally posted by nyy7
    I guess I'm lucky. BTW, is there an easy waay to disconnect?
    as far as I know, go to blazer prefs in the options menu within blazer and there is an option to disconnect on exit

also in the Prefs app, under network, in the menu under options, Preferences... make sure the connect to data net box is un-checked.

that should keep you on only when you use apps that require it

BTW I'm from Belle Harbor too - 131st
    Last edited by kayden75; 12/27/2002 at 02:23 PM.
    here's how i disconnect. from answers on other threads on this forum, it seems to be the easiest way, though i agree there should still be an easier one...

i have blazer set to automatically disconnect on exit (see prefs within blazer for that setting). so obviously browsing with blazer, this is taken care of. however when i use anything else but blazer, after finishing and returning to the apps screen, i tap the blazer icon, which starts blazer loading, then immediately press any of the hard buttons besides the blazer button. you will see the 'disconnecting' message and it will disconnect.

i stress that i do NOT wait for blazer to load. this technique works pressing the hard button pretty much immediately after tapping the blazer icon.

(actually in my case i can tap any hard button because i re-programmed the blazer hard button to bring up megalauncher instead)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  6.    #6  
    Small World...I'm from B.129th
    Originally posted by aarons12
    here's how i disconnect. from answers on other threads on this forum, it seems to be the easiest way, though i agree there should still be an easier one...

i have blazer set to automatically disconnect on exit (see prefs within blazer for that setting). so obviously browsing with blazer, this is taken care of. however when i use anything else but blazer, after finishing and returning to the apps screen, i tap the blazer icon, which starts blazer loading, then immediately press any of the hard buttons besides the blazer button. you will see the 'disconnecting' message and it will disconnect.

i stress that i do NOT wait for blazer to load. this technique works pressing the hard button pretty much immediately after tapping the blazer icon.

(actually in my case i can tap any hard button because i re-programmed the blazer hard button to bring up megalauncher instead)
    That's nice, but . . .

How can I set it to autoconnect at a set time in the morning, and stay connected until a set time at night, the way I've got my voice service set up?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!