Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    how would you people reccommend cleaning the screen when you get prints on it or dust ect. and is anyone using screen protectors?

at radio shack they are 24.99

wtf
    I use a WriteRight.
  3.    #3  
    how do u clean it when you get finger prints and or dust on it
    check out freescreenprotectors.com

http://www.freescreenprotectors.com/..._Code=CL-417-S

somewhere on this site (treocentral) was info on a $5 rebate that made them free except for shipping, but even at their price of $5 plus shipping they are a lot cheaper and they are great protectors.

they also have screen cleaning stuff there.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  5.    #5  
    is that what u use?
    i use their protectors.

to clean the screen, i spray a little windex on a paper towel and rub gently, but i'm sure there are people who would say that this could somehow cause a problem... don't really know, but i have had no issues with it.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I'm using the WriteRight's made for the Clie NR70. Got them for $9.99 after rebates. They are smooth and clear and look much better than the WriteRights made for palms.
    Been a while since I've posted. I use the WriteRight's. They're great, a little pricey, but one lasts forever.

I just got the standard Treo ones.

Hope that helps.
    *** ------------ Insert Catchy Tagline Here ------------ ***
    Originally posted by quake8
    how do u clean it when you get finger prints and or dust on it
    Water/saliva and a finger/tissue.
    I usually use one of those eyeglass cloths. I also use car wax on it about once a month. It helps the stylus to slide easier.
    I've used WriteRights, as well as Fellows and other brands of soft plastic film. While they protect the screen, there is a an annoying moire (sp?) pattern (color refraction). Also, they can be a bit tricky to put on/take off, and have air bubble problems.

I tried NuShield and they work very nicely. Perfectly clear plastic, and they slip between the screen and casing. Picks up fingerprints, but those wiped off easily. Also, since there's another layer between you and the screen, sometimes when using your finger, you need to press a bit harder (if you use a stylus, this is not an issue.)

I used to think WriteRights were the best (used them for 4+ years), but have to say, I'm a NuShield convert.
    for my laptops and Treo Klear Screen is the best stuff I've found.
    Originally posted by mikec
    I've used WriteRights, as well as Fellows and other brands of soft plastic film. While they protect the screen, there is a an annoying moire (sp?) pattern (color refraction). Also, they can be a bit tricky to put on/take off, and have air bubble problems.
    For the record, just because they are WriteRights doesn't mean they have the moire. The protectors for my B&W clie had this texture which didn't matter since it was B&W, however WriteWrites made for pocketpcs and clie NR70 (and maybe others) are perfectly clear and are the stick-on type so you don't have to worry about dust getting between the screen and protector.
    I have owned 10 different palm's over the years with and without screen protectors. The BEST protector I have ever used is the Brando Screen protector. It is a ******* to install BUT give a great screen feel, reduced glare, no bubbles and most people can't even tell I have a protector.

Here is a pic. The dust you see is on the outside.

Jake
    Attached Images Attached Images
    their website -

http://shop.brando.com.hk/screenprotector.php

if anybody is interested. thanks for the tip!
    I use eyeglass cleaner that came with my last set of glasses. First, I gently wipe the screen with a dry cotton cloth to remove dust or debris which I don't want to scratch. Then I give the cloth a squirt of the eyeglass cleaner and gently clean the glass then finish with dry cloth.

I didn't see the logic in using screen protectors if they have to be cleaned as well. I've had palms for about 4 years and the only part that suffers stylus wear was the graffiti area. Since I no longer have graffiti (thank goodness), I don't anticipate excessive scratches. I don't see me using the treo 300 a day longer than I used the 6035 (18 months) before I'll upgrade it with a newer os5 model or (heavan forbid) PPCPE if os5 smartphones are not here yet by that time.
    David
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Funny, before i even read this thread, i went to fry's for lunch today and got some KlearScreen because i had saw it before (around the web) and was running out of that "Fellowes Brain Wash" 2 part wet/dry cleaner. I picked up the really big bottle that comes w/ a dozen cloths as well. will see how it works later.

Also, I must agree w/ some of the previous posts regarding Brando's, they're top notch.
    This sounds like a great screen protector. Did you get the Treo 270 model to fit on the 300?
    I did. In fact, I got two one for the screen and one for the cover. If you get dust on it while trying to install, just wash it with soap and water and re-apply.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hi Jake,

I've never washed a brando before, but i have a bunch that i got dirty while applying (between my m515 and treo). I just put them aside.

Whenever you get a chance, would you please help me with these questions:
    How do you dry them while not getting lint on them? Also, do they get those wet spots on them when they are done drying? (thinking of silverware or dishes)

Also, how do they stick afterwards? Do they lose a little stickiness? I've always been hesistant with washing them.

Thanks for your time and help, it is much appreciated!

Glenn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast