1.    #1  
    Hey, has any good progress been made in trying to figure out why the 300 will get stuck in data transmission mode (green arrows)? I guess more importantly, has anyone found a good solution?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=28851
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=29488
    This just happened to me a few minutes ago. Now I wonder if it goes on all the time. I left the data connected during the day, and I noticed that the arrows were green for longer than I expected.

After a couple of minutes of green arrows with nothing else going on, I went to the phone and attempted to make a short call to voicemail. Success, and then I hung up during dialing, the arrows returned as grey for a few seconds and then went back to GREEN. I did this 5 times just to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Oh, btw, I also tried to do an incoming call during this and of course it went right into voicemail. So this is a pretty serious thing since it means when the network bug surfaces, you will miss calls.

I then turned wireless off/on to fix it.
    When ever i check voicemail the green lights go because sprint goes into your phone to remove the voicemail indicator icon and that uses 3G rmember with 2g u had to wait X seconds before hanging up to remove the icon?? 3g doesnt need to wait it does it for you

call another number and see if it keeps going green after you hang up
    Originally posted by quake8
    When ever i check voicemail the green lights go because sprint goes into your phone to remove the voicemail indicator icon and that uses 3G rmember with 2g u had to wait X seconds before hanging up to remove the icon?? 3g doesnt need to wait it does it for you

call another number and see if it keeps going green after you hang up
    Actually I mispoke.. I went into Voice Command which is my first speed dial entry. But I did have a voicemail indicator at the time I believe.. as there was a voicemail a few hours prior.

Darnit! It just happened again! But this time it kept stalling when I tried to make a voice call, but eventually would succeed. After 20 minutes or so of green arrows without doing anything, I went into Blazer and and soon as I tried to load a page it spontaneously rebooted. I recall that happening on my earlier problem as well.
    Last edited by potatoho; 01/03/2003 at 05:50 PM.
    I've experienced this as well. I blamed it on the AOL PDA client that I promptly loaded (like any loyal, AOL Time Warner employee would), as I understand it is not officially certified for the version of Palm OS used by the Treo 300.

Anyway, I find that I MUST turn wireless mode off then back on to resume use of the phone. Very annoying.

Yesterday, I must have forgotten to do this & left the data mode turned on. My battery was shot within 2 hours.

Is Handspring/Sprint aware of the problem?
    Originally posted by gcalvert
    I've experienced this as well. I blamed it on the AOL PDA client that I promptly loaded (like any loyal, AOL Time Warner employee would), as I understand it is not officially certified for the version of Palm OS used by the Treo 300.

Anyway, I find that I MUST turn wireless mode off then back on to resume use of the phone. Very annoying.

Yesterday, I must have forgotten to do this & left the data mode turned on. My battery was shot within 2 hours.

I'm not sure it really is a Handspring/Sprint problem. From my development work on Mark/Space Mail, it appears to be the data applications not properly shutting down the connection. Since I've fixed Mark/Space Mail, I have not had one battery drain and leave my phone (with data mode on) all day long. I check email, get a few phone calls, get a ton of SMS messages and don't have any problems. I run a pretty clean system, so that could be one reason why I don't have a problem.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by gcalvert

You might want to use Verichat. I don't have any of those problems and it's really a wonderful client. Just don't tell your boss.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    I'm not sure it really is a Handspring/Sprint problem. From my development work on Mark/Space Mail, it appears to be the data applications not properly shutting down the connection. Since I've fixed Mark/Space Mail, I have not had one battery drain and leave my phone (with data mode on) all day long. I check email, get a few phone calls, get a ton of SMS messages and don't have any problems. I run a pretty clean system, so that could be one reason why I don't have a problem.
    Scott,

What coding behavior did you find tickled the problem? And what was your solution?
    to shut off the data channel go to the Blazer button, hit the app button and then hit the letter D to disconnect. that will turn the arrows from green to gray.