1.    #1  
    While testing my sprintpcs email account by exchanging messages with my mindspring account (yes, I know, if I am emailing myself, I need a new hobby to absorb all of this extra time), I discovered that the Return Address field in Eudora is not really optional, even though the Eudora screen says "(optional)" on that line.

When I first setup my username@sprintpcs.com account in Eudora I left the Return Address blank. I sent an email from my phone to my mindspring email. Got it there quickly, no problem. However, the email received by Mindspring has the return address username@pop.sprintpcs.com. I replied and the message never got to my Treo, and a few hours later I got an email from Mindspring saying "Nyah! Nyah! Delivery Failure!"

Eventually, I entered my username@sprintpcs.com into the Return Address line in Eudora, and send another message to myself at Mindspring. This email had the username@sprintpcs.com in the sender field and when I replied to this message my Treo received in promptly.

Maybe everyone knows this, but for those who may be wondering why they do not receive replies to email they send, perhaps this is one explanation.

I have not explored this with other email programs so i do not know if it is Eudora specific or more generally applicable.
    The reply to address is handy when it's different from the outbound mail server like my outbound is smtp.sprintpcs.com while my reply to address is username@swbell.net. Had to do it this way since the swbell.net smtp server doesn't authenticate and turns away outbound mail that crosses domains.
    David
    Originally posted by Maurice Frank
    (yes, I know, if I am emailing myself, I need a new hobby to absorb all of this extra time
    don't worry, i email myself all the time, especially now that i have the treo and can type on it. of course, that does not make either of us any more sane...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12

don't worry, i email myself all the time, especially now that i have the treo and can type on it. of course, that does not make either of us any more sane...
    Whew! what a relief - I'm not the only one!

Is this where our group meets?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    i think we are wrecking any chance for this guy to get any actual help here...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Support groups don't necessarily cure - just validate.

Sent from Nate's Treo 300.
    Last edited by NateS; 12/26/2002 at 08:07 PM.
    I use it to send both personal and biz emails and have different return addresses.

Is there a way to change the reply mail address without having to go back into accounts?