Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to find an alarm clock to run on the treo that doesn't have a ton of features. i just want to punch in a time, and have it go off at that time. surely there is some program out there like that, but all i can find is AirClock and a couple others that do a bunch of stuff I don't care about

any suggestions?
    i use bigclock. i even have one of my hard buttons set for it since i never use the notepad app. it also has other features, as you mention, that you might not need, but its not hard to just ignore them... bigclock opens to the page you left it at, so if you leave it on the alarm screen that's all you'll see unless you change it...

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...37&prodID=1611

you can skin it too... pretty neat

here is the online documentation

http://www.rupp.paessler.com/bigclock/bigclock.htm
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/26/2002 at 06:28 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    And I wanted a big clock and date which I could assign via buttons-t to "push in jog rocker" for a quick reminder what day it is when writing a check.

Searched palmgear. Got about 287 hits. They put all the freebies after the pay ones. Can't believe there's over 200 shareware clock programs (or maybe I can). Anyway, I settled on BigClock v2.83 and I think you'll like it too. It's alarm woke me up this morning.

The main status screen on the kyo 6035 had date and time so that's why I think I missed it on the treo. I set BigClock as I explained above, and it suits me.
    David
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i use bigclock.
    you beat me to it. Your post wasn't there when I started typing.
    David
    he he... i was looking at the themes page... did not know you could theme it
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    ALARMING
    I think this is what you really want. It's easy, simple just punch in time. I've been using it for a few years now on several different devices. Oh and it's freeware.
    You can have the date displayed on your initial speeddial screen by assigning a button with "&date". Plus, you can still program this button to dial a number.
  8.    #8  
    hey, thanks for the links folks... very helpful... I'll try these out.
    Originally posted by imageone
    ALARMING
    I think this is what you really want. It's easy, simple just punch in time. I've been using it for a few years now on several different devices. Oh and it's freeware.
    forgot to mention bigclock is also free... alarming looks decent too, but in my case bigclock ain't broke so...
    Originally posted by Bluejay
    You can have the date displayed on your initial speeddial screen by assigning a button with "&date". Plus, you can still program this button to dial a number.
    Wow, thanks for that tip!
    David
    BIGCLOCK BIGCLOCK BIGCLOCK!!!!

I love it. It was one of the first programs I loaded onto my IIIx and while it has had basically no upgrades over the years, it is still a wonderful program. It does what you need, and nothing else. Fast, free and functional.

Can you tell I'm a big Bigclock fan?
    I don't think he really wants a Big Clock, just a simple Alarm with minimum features. That's what "Alarming" is.
    Why do you even need a Big Clock? you have the time at the top of most every major screen, Speed Dial, Launcher, Call in Progress etc.
    i have bigclock set to one of my hard buttons, so if i just want the time, i press the notepad button, which i never used, and up comes the time in nice big letters that i can easily see with or without my glasses. (a sign of age i guess) also includes the date. plus it has a stop watch/timer that i have used occasionally.

the 'why do we need it' issue can be applied to lots of this stuff. it's not 'need' as much as 'like' or 'want'!
    Bump...any of these have a feature where the phone vibrates when in silent mode? Thanks...
    Hey! thanks for recommending Bigclock. I installed it and it works great as a clock. NICE AND BIG! However, I have not been able to find how to set an alarm with it yet. Any tips?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Hey! thanks for recommending Bigclock. I installed it and it works great as a clock. NICE AND BIG! However, I have not been able to find how to set an alarm with it yet. Any tips?
    Press the "Alarm" button at the bottom, tap the numbers to set a time, tap the box to the left so it has an X through it. That's it. There are menu options for more alarm preferences.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Press the "Alarm" button at the bottom, tap the numbers to set a time, tap the box to the left so it has an X through it. That's it. There are menu options for more alarm preferences.
    hmmm.... the only thing I seem to be able to do with BigClock (oops, gotta watch the spelling) is hold the "phone" button down and a screen with the day of week, time in BIG letters, day/month/year pops up. There is no "alarm" button. Once I let go of the phone button BigClock is gone. I do not see BigClock in Hackmaster or in lazylauncher either.
    Seeing what the BigClock screen looks like on version 2.8 at

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/bigclock.shtml

I must have gotten an older version.
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Seeing what the BigClock screen looks like on version 2.8 at

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/bigclock.shtml

I must have gotten an older version.
    Do I have to delete the old version before installing the new version? How do I find and delete BigClock on the Treo? It seems to be well hidden.
    Actually I had installed ClockPop thinking it was BiGClock. Just loaded BigClock for real this time and it looks great! Thanks for the help! Would be nice if the alarm would vibrate when sound mode is off. Maybe the next version?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast