Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hey Guys. Appreciate all the help on this boards. I don't know how I'd survive as a newby without it. Anyway, just bought a TREO, got Vision working.....but is there anyway to mimic a Blackberry and have Yahoo Mail pushed to the Treo???? Thanks much.
    The only way I've found is to pay for pop3 and use snapper mail.
    Hi! I answered this question in another post, but here it is:

http://us.f410.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?YY=98743&inc=25&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=&head=&box=Inbox

Use the above page, bookmark, and you should be able to access your account. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thanks much! I also just found out if you edit the filters on the Yahoo mail, you can have a SMS sent to your Treo every time you get mail within 5-10 secs!!! It contains the subject and a little of the message, so then I can determine if it's worth checking for real. Now if I can only get rid of the SPAM!!!!
    I've paid the money for Yahoo...I've tried on the Sprint site...I can't get either to send me an SMS when an email message comes in. Any help (directions, key things to know, etc..) for making the yahoo site do it's thing would be helpful. I've given up trying to make the Sprint site do anything for me. Much thanks in advance.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Julie, I had to go to the Yahoo! Mobile site abd set up my account to receive SMS ALERTS for Yahoo email. Also had to use TREO300SMS to receive, store, and reply (as necessary) to incoming SMS. The set-up on Yahoo is pretty easy; had to do on a desktop since I wasn't able to access all of the frames from my TREO 300. Best of luck!
    Chris
    I am curious, I tried setting up the filter but it seems to only work on individual email not all. How did you set your filter so it sms you every time you receive yahoo mail

thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Set the condition so that the "to" section "contains" your yahoo ID. For example, if your ID is MrX click "to" section "contains" and then type "MrX". Only problem is you get SPAM forwarded to you as well. I've tried other filters where if the subject contains the word "sex" etc, it wont forward it to me, bu twith only limited success. If anyone knows how to better filter Yahoo I'd be interested.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I have same problem with spam now filetering to inbox. quite annoying. any help would be great. thanks.