Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    Wow, when did they release this version? I must have missed that posting.
    http://www.pdaapps.com/
  2. #2  
    I checked this afternoon, it looked like it was still in beta. I checked again an hour ago, and it had changed. I just downloaded it an hour ago. First time I tried verichat. I have to say WOW. It works!
    I also downloaded treosms a few hours ago. WOW. It works too. I haven't tried out new software on the treo for the last few months; I've been waiting for it all to "come together". Looks like it has.
  3. #3  
    Still no price yet.
  4. #4  
    Very cool! Shocked the %&*$ out of my wife when she got an instant message from me and she knew I wasn't near my computer!
  5. #5  
    So where were you..at your girlfriend's house? Just joking. Verichat is awesome. Cannot wait for ICQ support.

    Originally posted by sbcrair
    Very cool! Shocked the %&*$ out of my wife when she got an instant message from me and she knew I wasn't near my computer!
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  6. #6  
    Is ICQ support coming soon?
    I only use ICQ and all my contacts use ICQ as well. I don't want to have to switch over.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  7. #7  
    My understanding is that there will be ICQ support in the not-too-distant-future.

    Originally posted by dgreensp
    Is ICQ support coming soon?
    I only use ICQ and all my contacts use ICQ as well. I don't want to have to switch over.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  8. #8  
    Can someone out there explain to this newbie what ICQ is? Is it a way to have an i-m chat across multiple Instant Message services ie. AOL, yahoo, etc? Is it similiar to SMS?
  9. #9  
    It seems to work fine as long as I don't try to exit the application from the menu with the close menu option or use the blue+home button to go to the application launcher. When I do either of these two things I get a Fatal Exception each and every time.

    It would be a great app if I didn't have to hard reset my treo 300 evertime I wanted to exit the application.

    -James
  10. #10  
    icq is like aol or yahoo or msn. it's a messaging protocol. it doesn't combine all of the above.
  11. #11  
    If you're looking for an IM that goes across multiple chat clients (on the PC, that is), check out Trillium...I've been using it for quite a while, and it works great!
  12. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #12  
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    If you're looking for an IM that goes across multiple chat clients (on the PC, that is), check out Trillium...I've been using it for quite a while, and it works great!
    It doesn't go ACROSS multiple chat services. It lets you log onto multiple chat services. So if you are only signed up for AIM, you will only chat with AIM people.

    If you have AIM and MSN, you can chat with people on both because you are signed onto both.
  13. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #13  
    Originally posted by superjimbo801
    It seems to work fine as long as I don't try to exit the application from the menu with the close menu option or use the blue+home button to go to the application launcher. When I do either of these two things I get a Fatal Exception each and every time.

    It would be a great app if I didn't have to hard reset my treo 300 evertime I wanted to exit the application.

    -James
    Do you have another hack or app that is active that might be interfering?
  14. #14  
    I seemed to have fixed it.

    Support at pdapps.com is insane. I got a reply on xmas.

    I think my BillMinder for Ultrasoft money was interfering, it's the only thing I deleted hack related but I had no hacks turned on in X-Master and they are still all installed tho they are not running.
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by njchris


    It doesn't go ACROSS multiple chat services. It lets you log onto multiple chat services. So if you are only signed up for AIM, you will only chat with AIM people.

    If you have AIM and MSN, you can chat with people on both because you are signed onto both.
    I stand corrected...but, it works effectively so that you can chat on aim and msn and yahoo at the same time (as long as you can keep all the conversations straight!)
  16.    #16  
    Does anyone else "timeout" after about 5 minutes of inactivity using verichat.
    I looked in the options and it does not provide a setting for remaining active. if I am logged on yahoo or msn it will time out using both services. Perhaps this is a limitation of the chat program.
    Anyone having similiar experiences?
    a2rob...
  17. #17  
    I am having an issue with being timed out also. It would be great if we could stay logged on for large chunks of time without being active in the Verichat app. Even if this isn't added it is still a great app.
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    I am having an issue with being timed out also. It would be great if we could stay logged on for large chunks of time without being active in the Verichat app. Even if this isn't added it is still a great app.
    You do stay logged in when you are not in VeriChat.

    My understanding is:

    If you are in VeriChat, you have a data connection open to PDAapps' proxy servers and all communication uses TCP/IP.

    If you are not in VeriChat (and you did not signoff before exitting VeriChat and you did not log in from your PC), the PDAapps' proxy keeps you logged in to MSN, Yahoo or AIM and communication between the proxy and Treo is via SMS.
  19. #19  
    I know Verichat keeps you logged in for awhile, but the question is for how long? It doesn't seem to be for very long. Do others have this concern? Is this something that can be set? If not, is PDAAPPS planning on increasing this time or is this a limitation that will always exist? Like I said, I believe this is a great app but I believe this app can lead the way into the future, if you are able to keep a connection with IM servers for extended periods of time. There are a lot more people that know how to send an IM than an SMS from there home computers. Imagine if SMS was replaced on all cellphones with always-on IM that works across multiple platforms. That would mean anyone could send a message to anyone else at anytime whether they were at home or on the road. Treo users are very close to having this reality. We just need to be able to stay connected to the servers for longer periods of time.

    Anyway, the technology will be there soon. Maybe the big IM players can get together and make one standard in order to advance the technology faster.
  20. #20  
    I have been logged into MSN through VeriChat (in standby mode) since 2 days. What timeout are you talking about?

    Are you trying to log in using the same username from your desktop, because then you will be logged off.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions