1.    #1  
    Because the Treo 300 is only a single band phone running on the (Sprint Network). Is it even possible to roam with this phone? Where would it roam to! Can't go analog.
    The reason I ask this question is that I am looking at my Sprint billing and they have charged me roaming charges? Can this be right?
    Ribbet!!
    Originally posted by TechnoToad
    Because the Treo 300 is only a single band phone running on the (Sprint Network). Is it even possible to roam with this phone? Where would it roam to! Can't go analog.
    The reason I ask this question is that I am looking at my Sprint billing and they have charged me roaming charges? Can this be right?
    As far as I know, you can't roam. The phone's not capable of it. You're either on the sprint network digitally or you have zero service. I'd call sprint and ask. They keep charging me for random things that I have to have removed every month.
    from what i know, it is possible to roam in another digital network, so it depends where you were. you can't roam to an analog network, as you say, but there are areas with digital coverage from another carrier where you can supposedly roam.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I know on my other single band phones that digital roaming, as described above, is possible.
    I would be shocked if the treo could not digitally roam.
    -rob
    Yes, you can roam on other 1900 Mhz digital PCS networks. If you want to disable this, go to the Options menu from the main phone screen (i.e., speed dial page), choose Call Preferences, and uncheck the Enable Digital Roaming box. Now you won't get any roaming charges. You can always enable it later if you want to try to get a signal in an area where Sprint PCS has no coverage. In my experience there are very few such areas that have alternate digital coverage, but they do exist.
    During October I got roaming voice coverage with my Treo 300 in the Vancouver area of British Columbia. Didn't work in the Okanagan Valley or Whistler areas of BC, though. I can only assume that I was getting digital roaming on a Canadian networks, since even in the Vancouver area I was out of range of any Sprint cells in Washington state.

Digital roaming only applies to voice, so far as I know. The Vision data service is a SprintPCS-or-nothing, US-only, proposition.