1.    #1  
    I spent $15 and ringo is worthless, It has 10 trashy pictures built into it and for the ring tones it just gives u a sample then says goto your phonebook and set the ring tone
    Doesn't it let you try it out first?
    i have to respectfully disagree about ringo. it is not intended to come with tones or pictures, but it does let you work with them.

i made a family photo album using handspring's free photo album software, then used ringo to set some of those pictures to come up when my family calls.

also, you can either purchase ringtones at several sites or download some free, and then use ringo to convert them to tones on your phone.

i think you were expecting ringo to have the tones and pictures with it, whereas it is just a program to work with yours or other tones and pictures

that having been said, ringo is a little buggy and has some problems, but i have been using it very successfully for several months
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by quake8
    I spent $15 and ringo is worthless, It has 10 trashy pictures built into it and for the ring tones it just gives u a sample then says goto your phonebook and set the ring tone
    I upload my own pictures and ring tones, making ringo worth my $15. If you don't upload anything into ringo, it's pretty worthless.

I'd definitely buy ringo again.
    It works for me just as advertised.
    As others have stated, I love it. Sure, it doesn't come bundled with everything (ringers, pics), but Aarons12 has created a number of them, you can search the net for MIDI tones and cut them to make your own ringers, etc.

One question I do have and I haven't done a real in-depth search yet so sorry if this is a cross post: how do you "refresh" your ringers? I add new ringers, and when I synch my personal ringtones back, when I go to pick one, I see the same ringtones over and over again, almost like it just appends...

Thanks!
    NCTreo300
    Originally posted by NCTreo300
    As others have stated, I love it. Sure, it doesn't come bundled with everything (ringers, pics), but Aarons12 has created a number of them, you can search the net for MIDI tones and cut them to make your own ringers, etc.

One question I do have and I haven't done a real in-depth search yet so sorry if this is a cross post: how do you "refresh" your ringers? I add new ringers, and when I synch my personal ringtones back, when I go to pick one, I see the same ringtones over and over again, almost like it just appends...

Thanks!
    NCTreo300
    unfortunately that seems to be a quirk that some people are experiencing in ringo. i have had fewer problems than many, i think because i am not playing with hacks and some more advanced software stuff. but it apparently has to do with the 'radio', a section where the treo keeps its ringtones.

i am one of the folks beta-testing tcringer. one aspect that has come out right away in that test is that ringo uses hacks where tcringer does not. and in tcringer you can delete the tones directly from that radio that ringo left floating around. so it is cleaner and more in tune with the treo.

on the other hand, tcringer doesn't do the pictures that ringo does, but i'm sure there are other programs that do that.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  8.    #8  
    for ring tones it says edit your phone book to setup them up??

you needed to spend$15 to see that?
    as far as i know, the only time it says that in ringo is when you use ringo to assign a picture to a speed dial button. since assigning a ringtone to a speed dial is already built into the treo, ringo does not go there, they just handle the picture.

on the other hand, most folks don't want to install their own ringtones directly into their midi_ring_tones database so ringo is much easier, and same for the picture caller ID.

anyway, apparently its not worth it to you, so don't buy it. that's what makes a free market economy tick!